Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.3
Fixed in 2018.4, 2019.2
Editor windows respond to mouse events outside the window
It seems as though editor windows will sometimes respond to mouse events outside the window area. If you drag an editor window, then place your cursor anywhere else in the editor and quickly click and drag the mouse, the editor window will respond to the drag and will move. It's possible to lose editor windows completely offscreen by doing this.
1. Open Unity
2. Open the attached project
3. Open any editor window and make sure it is undocked
4. Drag the editor window anywhere
5. After releasing the drag, position your cursor outside the editor window, in the project view
6. click and drag the mouse
The editor window loses focus and the project window gains focus.
The editor window will respond to the mouse drag and will move across the screen.
Tested on Windows.
Occurs on 2019.2.0a11
Does not occur on 2019.2.0a10
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Terrain inspector is proposing a shader which isn't there
- Warnings are missing when compiling for certain platforms (opengl)
- Scaling problem with PanelSetting set to ScaleWithScreen/Expand
- [Hub] Editor is shown in the "Installing" state indefinitely when the installation fails due to INVALID_DESTINATION error
- IL2CPP: Nested Try-Catch and Throw statement results in incorrect behaviour