Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.3
Fixed in 2018.4, 2019.2
Editor windows respond to mouse events outside the window
It seems as though editor windows will sometimes respond to mouse events outside the window area. If you drag an editor window, then place your cursor anywhere else in the editor and quickly click and drag the mouse, the editor window will respond to the drag and will move. It's possible to lose editor windows completely offscreen by doing this.
1. Open Unity
2. Open the attached project
3. Open any editor window and make sure it is undocked
4. Drag the editor window anywhere
5. After releasing the drag, position your cursor outside the editor window, in the project view
6. click and drag the mouse
The editor window loses focus and the project window gains focus.
The editor window will respond to the mouse drag and will move across the screen.
Tested on Windows.
Occurs on 2019.2.0a11
Does not occur on 2019.2.0a10
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Scene View] Gizmos dropdown disappears while toggling Windzone checkbox with its tooltip open
- Crash in StackAllocator::TryDeallocate when calling ParticleSystemRenderer.BakeMesh
- Modifying scoped registries in project manifest does not update Package Manager UI window
- Models change their position in scene when upgrading project
- Texture 'Read/Write' option does not double the memory in Profiler