Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.3
Fixed in 2018.4, 2019.2
Editor windows respond to mouse events outside the window
It seems as though editor windows will sometimes respond to mouse events outside the window area. If you drag an editor window, then place your cursor anywhere else in the editor and quickly click and drag the mouse, the editor window will respond to the drag and will move. It's possible to lose editor windows completely offscreen by doing this.
1. Open Unity
2. Open the attached project
3. Open any editor window and make sure it is undocked
4. Drag the editor window anywhere
5. After releasing the drag, position your cursor outside the editor window, in the project view
6. click and drag the mouse
The editor window loses focus and the project window gains focus.
The editor window will respond to the mouse drag and will move across the screen.
Tested on Windows.
Occurs on 2019.2.0a11
Does not occur on 2019.2.0a10
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- An object created via "Create Empty Child" of Hierarchy panel in Prefab Mode is always a child of the main prefab
- [VCS] Version Control window could use a search field to filter down contents
- [VCS] Importing .unitypackage with version control enabled fails
- [IL2CPP] Player crashes with TextMeshPro and HDRP packages on x64 and Debug configuration
- [Profiler] When all charts are closed, reopening the Profiler Window will show CPU Profiler details