Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.1.X
Editor Skin becomes grey when a Collab project is opened for the first time
Editor Skin becomes grey when a Collab project is opened for the first time.
1. Create a new project in Collab and give access to the Team member.
2. Team member opens the newly created project and observes that Editor skin will become grey.
Note: It is happening when you are opening the project first time only.
Note: If the project is created with one of the fauty versions, this project won't opened properly even with the latest version (ex: 2018.2).
Final technical note:
- Project created with 2018.1.x have m_ActiveScale = 1
- When you start unity to fetch a new collab project, it creates a projectsettings.asset file where m_ActiveScale = 0;
- When fetching the project, you pass from ActiveScale 0 to 1. But no code is called to sync these values
- When the ui is painted it uses the current ActiveScale (1). But it is all paint wrong becuase the color scale are not scaled.
License Type: Pro & Free
Occurring with: 2018.1.0b5, 2018.1.0b4, 2018.1.0b3, 2018.1.0b2, 2018.1.0b1, 2018.1.0a7, 2018.1.0a6, 2018.1.0a5, 2018.1.0a4, 2018.1.0a3, 2018.1.0a2.
Working with: 2018.1.0a1, 2017.3.0f3, 2018.20a1
Occurring on windows & Mac
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- The terrain appears darker when "Per-pixel Normal" is enabled
- [Linux] Editor assertion causes Test Runner to fail when executing it in Batch Mode
- Color selection by the mouse cursor is still enabled when the "Esc" button is pressed
- Game view becomes black and the Scene window becomes grey, “ArgumentOutOfRangeException” errors and “Render Pipeline error” warnings appear after changing the name or deleting URP/HDRP global settings file
- Transform Component is not accessible inside the Player when RuntimeInitializeOnLoadMethod is used
Oct 04, 2018 12:22
Deleting Internal-GUITextureClip fixed dark editor
Deleting Internal-GUITextureBlit fixed dark game view
Jul 03, 2018 21:07
We had this issue. In our case it turned out to be caused by this Standard Asset shader in the project.
Jun 16, 2018 15:29
I meant: game view is much darker than it should be. Scene view is at correct brightness.
Jun 16, 2018 15:27
I am still experiencing this issue. Transferring a project from 2017.4.5f1 to 2018.1.5f1 produces this dark editor skin (hdr and linear enabled), and the picture rendered is noticeably darker