Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.4.0
[Editor]Object reference missing after clicking on it and editing its animator
0) Look at atached gif.
1) Open "Test" project, proceed to scene "Stage1"
2) Click play - everything works as expected. Exit play mode.
3) In hierarchy click on object "player" then in the animator window click on any animation transition and enter playmode.
Expected result: As in step 2, everything should work fine.
Actual result: Errors in the console due to missing reference.
NOTE: Scripts are unable to get reference to script on "player" object after sequence of actions mentioned in 3rd step.
Workaround: Don't click on the object containing animator that you are going to edit.
Reproduced with: 5.4.0b1, 5.3.1f1, 5.3.1pi, 5.3.0f4, 5.3.0b1;
Regression introduced in: 5.2.4f1.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Changes to MeshRenderer.shadowCastingMode don't take effect immediately when being made in OnPreRender
- Pressing Control when the Scene View is in focus logs a "CommandBuffer: temporary render texture not found while executing" warning
- [Android] UI is being scaled up on some Android devices when the referenced resolution in the "Canvas Scaler" component is larger than the actual screen resolution of the device
- Resizing the Scene View causes the Editor to lag when the Canvas contains many items and it's Rect Transform size is changed
- Gizmo Settings Menu overflows to another monitor when the Scene View is expanded