Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 5.4.0
[Editor]Object reference missing after clicking on it and editing its animator
0) Look at atached gif.
1) Open "Test" project, proceed to scene "Stage1"
2) Click play - everything works as expected. Exit play mode.
3) In hierarchy click on object "player" then in the animator window click on any animation transition and enter playmode.
Expected result: As in step 2, everything should work fine.
Actual result: Errors in the console due to missing reference.
NOTE: Scripts are unable to get reference to script on "player" object after sequence of actions mentioned in 3rd step.
Workaround: Don't click on the object containing animator that you are going to edit.
Reproduced with: 5.4.0b1, 5.3.1f1, 5.3.1pi, 5.3.0f4, 5.3.0b1;
Regression introduced in: 5.2.4f1.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Timeline animation asset won't update
- [LWRP] VFX Graph projects have visual artifacts when viewed with certain mobile GPUs
- Particle System with custom simulation space jitters when moved/rotated in Late Update
- Preview Window in the Inspector shows the same Preview image when multiple Terrain layers are selected
- Unity 2018.3 update prompts "Click the Download Installer button" while the update button is named "Download new version"