Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.3.X
Fixed in 2019.2.X
Editor is extremely slow and almost unresponsive when the GICache tab from Preferences window is active
Steps to repro:
1. Download the attached repro project (from the comments section);
2. Open 'Spotlight_Tunnel_PLM' scene;
3. Open the Preferences window (Edit-Preferences...);
4. In the Preferences window open GI Cache tab;
5. With the GI cache tab opened navigate in the Scene view (scroll, pan, zoom).
1. Create new project with 3D template;
2. Add cube gameobject;
3. Mark the cube gameobject as lightmap static (Contribute GI);
4. Switch the Directional light type to Baked;
5. Bake the scene's GI;
6. Open the Preferences window (Edit->Preferences...);
7. In the Preferences window open GI Cache tab;
8. With the GI cache tab opened navigate in the Scene view (scroll, pan, zoom).
1. Create new project with either LW or HDRP template;
2. Open the Preferences window (Edit->Preferences...);
3. In the Preferences window open GI Cache tab;
4. With the GI cache tab opened navigate in the Scene view (scroll, pan, zoom).
Editor is almost unresponsive and extremely slow. It looks like some assets are being imported/updated in the background. See attached video and Editor.log.
Regression introduced in Version 2019.2.0a12.
Editor performance is stable and consistent regardless of whether the GI Cache tab is opened or not.
- Reproducible in 2019.3.0a1, 2019.2.0a13, 2019.2.0a12;
- Not reproducible in 2019.1.0f2, 2019.2.0a11;
- Reproducible on Windows 10 and OSX 10.14.4;
- Reproducible on Legacy, HDRP and LWRP;
- Reprodicible in HDRP and LWRP versions 5.2.3;
- Reproducible only when the GI Cache tab is active, not reproducible when other tabs of the Preferences window are active;
- The issue gets even more severe when GI Cache tab is active when baking - the Editor is completely unresponsive in this case.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Lists auto expand when scrolling down in the Inspector Window
- Graphics.CopyTexture does not work with Texture2DArray when "Texture Quality" is not "Full Res"
- Unity Download Assistant uses the last install path
- Keycodes Less and Greater are not being registered when using GetKeyDown
- GameObjects in the Scene are not selectable when using "w" after painting with Tile Pallete