Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.2.X
Editor does not show removed Components when they are no longer a part of the original Prefab
1. Open the attached project "RemovedComponentsBug.zip"
2. In the Project window select "Assets/Prefabs/Cube Variant.prefab"
3. In the Inspector, observe the number of Components listed as removed
4. Open "Cube Variant.prefab" with a text editor
5. Observe the number of removed Components listed under "m_RemovedComponents:"
Expected result: Removed components in the Inspector match the ones found when opening the Prefab with a text editor
Actual result: The text editor lists more removed components than the Inspector
Reproducible with: 2019.4.34f1, 2020.3.25f1, 2021.2.7f1, 2022.1.0b2
- The issue occurs when you remove a component from both the original Prefab and from its variant, as the YAML file still sees the removed Components, but the Editor no longer recognizes them as removed Components
- The same issue applies to "PrefabUtility.GetRemovedComponents", as it only returns components that are still a part of the original Prefab
- Reimporting "Cube Variant.prefab" throws a warning: "Importer(PrefabImporter) generated inconsistent result for asset"
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Building 3D Sample Scenes (URP) Project fails
- Alpha channel is disabled when Alpha Clip Threshold is set to 0
- The Physics 2D Profiler module does not display the information about processed physics in the scene when profiling the application as a Development Build
- A Script Component that has a serialized custom class is not detecting changes in the first boolean variable when entering the Play mode with the Script Components GameObject opened in the Inspector
- “SendMessage cannot be called during Awake“ warnings appear when loading a scene with “LoadSceneAsync“ if using UI Toolkit in the scene