Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2019.3
Editor crashes with GfxDeviceD3D11Base::CopyRenderSurfaceDesc after changing Editor layout using laptop GeForce Battery Boost
How to reproduce:
1. Open new Unity project
2. Unplug laptop from charging
3. Turn on Battery Boost on GeForce Experience
4. Change Editor layouts several times and move any window afterwards
5. After one tab turns completely white, change layout a few more times
Observe the crash
Reproduced with: 2018.3.6f1, 2019.1.0b4, 2019.2.0a4
Notes: IMPORTANT! Laptop must be unplugged and GeForce Experience Battery Boost must be turned on.
Assertion failed on expression: 'SUCCEEDED(hr)'
d3d11: swap chain: w=1143 h=542 fmt=28
d3d11: failed to create swap chain [0x887a0005]
D3D11: Failed to create RenderTexture (910 x 397 fmt 27 aa 1), error 0x887a0005
D3D11: Failed to create render texture primary DSV (error 0x80070057)
The issue comes from the *Texture Quality* quality settings using `Half Res`. Using `Full Res` to workaround the issue.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Tile Map] Default cursor doesn't change to resize cursor on hovering over Default brush section in Tile Palette window
- After light bake, when light is switched from Baked to Realtime - it does not emit any light
- Multi-material list ordering does not respect DCC material ordering
- Timeline Track Clip locks to the Timeline cursor's position when moving it in the Timeline Asset
- [Particles] Infinite lifetime + prewarm causes errors