Search Issue Tracker
Found in [Package]
Editor crashes when loading a scene from a runtime-updated Addressables catalog
How to reproduce:
1. Open the user's attached project "AddressableTest-2021.zip"
2. In the Project window go to Assets/Scenes/Test.unity
3. Enter Play mode
4. Observe the blue cube in the Game view
5. Go to the project's "AddressableTest-2021.zip" folder and copy (overwrite) all files from "ServerData-Updated\red" to "ServerData\StandaloneWindows64"
6. Go back to Unity Editor
7. In the Game view click "Check and Reload"
Expected result: The scene updates and a red cube appears
Actual result: Editor crash
Reproducible with: 1.16.10 (2019.4.22f1), 1.16.16, 1.17.5-preview (2020.2.7f1, 2020.3.1f1, 2021.1.0b12, 2021.2.0a9)
Could not test with: 2018.4.32f1 (Due to Addressables script errors)
-The copying of the files from "ServerData-Updated\red" to "ServerData\StandaloneWindows64" is needed for simulating runtime Addressable update
-When opening the project after the crash, the red cube appears(Expected result)
-The crash would occur as well if the files will be copied from "ServerData-Updated\blue" to "ServerData\StandaloneWindows64"
-Copying the files from "ServerData\StandaloneWindows64" to "ServerData-Updated\red" or "ServerData-Updated\blue" will not result in a crash
First lines of stack trace:
0x00007FF7FAD9FB3F (Unity) DebugStringToFilePostprocessedStacktrace
0x00007FF7FAD9F51B (Unity) DebugStringToFile
0x00007FF7F9B94FC1 (Unity) CachedReader::OutOfBoundsError
0x00007FF7F9B95493 (Unity) CachedReader::Read
0x00007FF7F87B55E0 (Unity) StreamedBinaryRead::TransferTypelessData
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Mouse inputs cannot be inputted when searching the Shortcuts Menu by type "Shortcut"
- "Debug Assertion Failed!" error when launching Windows Dedicated Server Player with Script Debugging enabled
- [Cinematic Studio][3D HDRP] Shader warnings thrown in the Console window when creating a new project with Cinematic Studio template
- Autoplay is triggered on Audio Assets when changing Asset Bundle tags
- Inspector Asset Bundle section has no indication for Variants, AssetBundle is written without a space, and Variant dropdown menu is available without setting the Asset Bundle first