Search Issue Tracker
Editor crashes when coming back from Sleep mode
1. Open any project
2. Enter the computers Sleep mode
3. Wake up the computer after some time
Expected result: Editor is still open
Actual result: Editor crashes
Reproducible with: 2019.4.35f1, 2020.3.27f1, 2021.2.10f1, 2022.1.0b6, 2022.2.0a3
-reproducible on both Windows and Mac
-sometimes it might take a few hours to reproduce the issue
Mar 24, 2022 11:28
This wasn't a thing in 2021.1 for me. I think Unity SHOULD resolve this issue either by itself, or talking with Apple. No other app have the same problem. This is (won't fix) not an acceptable solution. It affects productivity, time, energy consumption, usability and of course mental patience. This is an annoying BUG.
Mar 12, 2022 14:49
Like wont fix is sad solution....
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Shader Graph and the Visual Effects Graph scroll unreasonably fast on OSX
- [Android 4.4] Player crashes at splash screen when building with Frame Timing Stats enabled in the Player Settings
- VisualElement’s auto width is incorrect when the element’s parent has a set width
- Black and white flickering when using two Full Screen Pass Renderer Features
- [Audio] Microphone API latency and audio distortions appear after recording
Seeing as the GPU of your system disconnects when your computer goes into Stand By mode, Unity loses connection to it and can no longer operate. Unfortunately, this is a known occurrence, but there's nothing we can do from our side to manipulate your internal GPU. I suggest that you set up your automatic Stand By mode in a way that if Unity is running, it won't automatically go to sleep.