Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.3
Fixed in 2017.4, 2018.2
Editor crashes when adding a script with a UI component requirement to a parent Gameobject
How to reproduce:
1. Open the scene "NewScene" from my attached project "New Unity Project.zip"
2. Select "Parent" GameObject and from the Assets folder drag a script called "Test2" to its Inspector window
Expected result: There should be a Text component created for the "Parent" GameObject automatically
Actual result: Editor crashes
Reproducible with: 2017.2.2p4, 2017.4.3f1, 2018.1.2f1, 2018.2.0b5
Note: Last stack trace output (Transform::SetParent). Crash doesn't occur with these UI class components: Button, DefaultControls, InputField, Navigation, Selectable. The crash occurs when a script with "[RequireComponent()]" attribute is being added to the parent object in Hierarchy
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Editor freezes when recompiling scrips in Play Mode
- Shuriken particles depth offset is not working(has no affect) when 'Renderer Alignment' is set to 'View'
- [InputSystem] InputSystem is not initialized when run in `-batchmode`
- Assertion failed on expression: 'rs->textureID == realRS->textureID'
- Asset path and filename is missing when warning about self-intersecting polygon is thrown