Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.11.0
Found in [Package]
Editor crashes when adding a Sample Texture 2D Shader Graph node
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open QA-supplied project ("Sample Bug.zip")
2. Select and open "New Shader Sub Graph" in the Assets folder
3. Add a Sample Texture 2D node
Package Manager does not display the Shader Graph package, but it reproduces with HDRP 5.10.0,
Downgrading to 5.1.0 starts throwing "NullReferenceExceptions" and disables the ability to add a Texture 2D node in the Shader Graph
Upgrading it back up to 5.3.1 starts throwing "Cannot create required material because shader is null" error, alongside "AssertionException: Assertion failure. Value was Null". Shader Graph is not interactable.
Upgrading HDRP to 5.7.2 reproduces the issue again.
Downgrading to 5.6.1 reproduces the issue
Reproduces with Shader Graph 5.6.1 in further testing by going back on the version breaks Package Manager and the Shader Graph is no longer openable.
Not reproduced in Shader Graph 4.10.0
Opening project in 2018.3.10.f1 and opening it again in 2019.1.0b8 and reimporting assets seems to fix the crashing
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Building Unity editor via CI results in "System.IO.IOException: Sharing violation on path" error
- [Editor] Side panel and graph divider gets stuck when dragged after selecting transition from Any State in Animator Window
- [UI] Color picker tool is stuck in the pixel sampling stage
- Unity 2019.4 opens the manual and scripting reference for 2020.3
- [Mac] Script recompilation window shows up but doesn't recompile scripts after focusing unity by clicking on the system tabs