Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1.X
Fix In Review for 2020.3.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2021.1.X
[SerializeReference] Editor crashes on Transfer<JSONRead> when calling JsonUtility.FromJson
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project "case_1198073.zip"
2. Load the "SampleScene"
3. Enter Play mode
-- Observe the crash
Reproducible with: 2019.3.0b10, 2020.1.14f1
Could not test with 2017.4.35f1 and 2018.4.13f1 due to "The type or namespace name `SerializeReference' could not be found", 2019.2.13f1 and 2019.3.0a1 due to "SerializeReference inaccessible due to its protection level"
The crashes the editor when creating or overwriting an object from its JSON serialized representation
The crash only occurs when:
* The object has one or more fields with SerializeReference attribute.
* The object has a field named "references"
Workaround: rename a member with name "references" to anything else
Windows OS stack trace:
0x00007FF73E7A1C30 (Unity) SerializeTraits<ManagedReferencesRegistry>::Transfer<JSONRead>
0x00007FF73E7AAFF5 (Unity) TransferScriptingObject<JSONRead,0>
0x00007FF73E7C4152 (Unity) FromJsonInternal
0x00007FF73ECCA1E5 (Unity) JsonUtility_CUSTOM_FromJsonInternal
0x0000020B06CC5C93 (Mono JIT Code) (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.JsonUtility:FromJsonInternal (string,object,System.Type)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Shadows flickering when a Mesh's Cast Shadows are set to Shadows Only and Camera is moving with Spotlight
- AudioMixer exposed parameters cause assertions when hidden and prevent the drop-down from functioning
- Package Manager/My Assets: 401 Response code trying to download a paid asset store package
- TrailRenderer.SetPosition will log a Index out of bounds error when index is in bounds of the positionCount property
- [URP] Graphics.DrawMeshInstancedIndirect rendering correctly after clicking an another application/refreshing Assets