Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.3.X, 2021.1.X
[SerializeReference] Editor crashes on Transfer<JSONRead> when calling JsonUtility.FromJson
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project "case_1198073.zip"
2. Load the "SampleScene"
3. Enter Play mode
-- Observe the crash
Reproducible with: 2019.3.0b10, 2020.1.14f1
Could not test with 2017.4.35f1 and 2018.4.13f1 due to "The type or namespace name `SerializeReference' could not be found", 2019.2.13f1 and 2019.3.0a1 due to "SerializeReference inaccessible due to its protection level"
The crashes the editor when creating or overwriting an object from its JSON serialized representation
The crash only occurs when:
* The object has one or more fields with SerializeReference attribute.
* The object has a field named "references"
Workaround: rename a member with name "references" to anything else
Windows OS stack trace:
0x00007FF73E7A1C30 (Unity) SerializeTraits<ManagedReferencesRegistry>::Transfer<JSONRead>
0x00007FF73E7AAFF5 (Unity) TransferScriptingObject<JSONRead,0>
0x00007FF73E7C4152 (Unity) FromJsonInternal
0x00007FF73ECCA1E5 (Unity) JsonUtility_CUSTOM_FromJsonInternal
0x0000020B06CC5C93 (Mono JIT Code) (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.JsonUtility:FromJsonInternal (string,object,System.Type)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Light direction changes when changing "Light Anchor" component's "Distance" property
- “RegisterCallback<KeyUpEvent>” and “RegisterCallback<KeyDownEvent>“ callbacks are not called when pressing keys in a UI Toolkit window
- [VFX Graph] Use base color map set to none after material change in output
- [Mac] Context menu in Hierarchy is available but not functional when the Editor is out of focus
- Cursor's static properties does not change when changing the Cursor's states