Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2
Fixed in 2017.4, 2018.4, 2019.3, 2020.1
Editor crashes on ConstantBuffersD3D11Base::SetBuiltinCBConstant when creating a new Standart Surface Shader
How to reproduce:
1. Open the user's attached project "PaintingSim.zip"
2. Open Project window and right-click on an empty space
3. Select Create > Shader > Standart Surface Shader
4. If the crash did not occur repeat steps 2-3
-- Observe the crash
Reproducible with: 2017.4.37f1, 2018.4.18f1, 2019.3.2f1, 2020.1.0a24
1. the crash occurs randomly, sometimes it takes more than 10 attempts to reproduce it
2. an assertion fails right before the crash: Assertion failed on expression: 'offset >= 0 && offset + size <= m_Buffers[cbIndex].key.size && size > 0'
3. also reproducible when duplicating multiple shader files
The stack trace:
0x00007FF6FD35B410 (Unity) memcmp
0x00007FF6FAD81611 (Unity) ConstantBuffersD3D11Base::SetBuiltinCBConstant
0x00007FF6FAD775CC (Unity) GfxDeviceD3D11Base::BeforeDrawCall
0x00007FF6FAD7BA15 (Unity) GfxDeviceD3D11Base::DrawBuffers
0x00007FF6FB6629B0 (Unity) DynamicVBO::DrawChunk
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- New animation clips are not imported correctly when re-importing a fbx file
- Editor freezes when recompiling scrips in Play Mode
- Shuriken particles depth offset is not working(has no affect) when 'Renderer Alignment' is set to 'View'
- [InputSystem] InputSystem is not initialized when run in `-batchmode`
- Assertion failed on expression: 'rs->textureID == realRS->textureID'