Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2019.1
Editor crash on scripting_array_length when recompiling after deleting .asmdef files from custom package
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached "1101390_repro.zip" project
2. In Project window, delete "Packages/2D Common" package folder
3. Also, delete these three files one by one:
* Packages/2D Animation/Runtime/Unity.2D.Animat.Runtime.asmdef
* Packages/2D Animation/Tests/Editor/Unity.2D.Animat.EditorTests.asmdef
* Packages/2D Animation/Editor/Unity.2D.Animat.Editor.asmdef
4. Wait for the recompiling process to finish
-- Editor crash
Reproducible with - 2018.3.0a10, 2018.3.0b11, 2019.1.0a1, 2019.1.0a9
Not reproducible with - 2018.2.17f1, 2018.3.0a9
Note: Could not be tested on versions prior to 2018.2, since the above mentioned "Packages" folder was introduced in 2018.2.
Fixed in 2019.1.0a11
Backported to 2018.3.1f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Timeline animation asset won't update
- [LWRP] VFX Graph projects have visual artifacts when viewed with certain mobile GPUs
- Particle System with custom simulation space jitters when moved/rotated in Late Update
- Preview Window in the Inspector shows the same Preview image when multiple Terrain layers are selected
- Unity 2018.3 update prompts "Click the Download Installer button" while the update button is named "Download new version"