Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1
Fixed in 2018.4, 2019.2, 2019.3
Editor crash on ParticleSystemGeometryJob::ScheduleJobs when changing TrailMode from Ribbon to Particles and Emission is enabled
How to reproduce:
1. Open user attached project "ProjectOne.zip"
2. Open "Main" scene
3. In Hierarchy, select Player > Graphic > Head > EyesGlow > Trail
4. In Particles System Component, Expand Trails
5. Change Mode from Ribbon to Particles
Expected result: Editor does not crash
Actual result: Editor crashes
Reproducible with - 2018.4.8f1, 2019.2.6f1, 2019.3.0b4, 2020.1.0a6
Not reproducible with - 2017.4.32f, 2019.1.13f1, 2019.2.5f1
It only crashes if emission is enabled and trail mode is set to Ribbon when the scene is loaded. It does not crash if trail mode was set to Particles while emission was disabled, then was set back to Ribbon and emission enabled.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Native object references for some object types are always 0 in the memory profiler
- Acute shadow acne when using two overlapping spotlights
- Tabbed headers in editor windows need a style update
- [Android][IL2CPP] App crashes after executing Application.Quit
- Command line testing in batchmode with legacy -runEditorTests is not equivalent to -runTests -testPlatform EditMode