Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2017.1
Crash in UI::CalculateNestedAlpha when Game Object is given different parent
Editor crashes when CanvasGroup's alpha value is changed and the game object is then given a different parent in the hierarchy by Transform::SetParent.
1. Open the attached project
2. Open "CrashTest" scene
3. Select "RootCanvas" -> "crash_test_bar" game object from the hierarchy
4. Right click "CrashTest" component and click "crash" item on context menu
Desired outcome: The "crash_test_bar" object is deactivated and becomes a child of "OtherNode" game object in the hierarchy.
Actual result: Editor crashes.
Reproduced with 5.5.2p4, 5.5.3p1, 5.6.0f2, 5.6.0f3, 2017.1.0b1
Not reproduced with 5.5.2p2, 5.5.2p3, 5.6.0f1, 2017.1.0a6
Regression introduced in 5.5.2p4, 5.6.0f2, 2017.1.0b1
Backported to: 5.4.5p3, 5.5.3p4, 5.6.1p1, 2017.1.0b9
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Unity crash in SerializedFile::ReadMetadata<false> when AssetBundle. LoadFromMemory() is called
- ProceduralMaterial.ClearCache() on "Do Nothing" Substance triggers RebuildTextures
- Setting "Default Behavior Mode" to "2D" breaks HDR rendering
- Crash in GdipCreateBitmapFromStream when calling System.Drawing.Bitmap constructor
- DLL files are not excluded during building for standalone platform, even though they are selected to be excluded