Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.3.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X
Editor 2019 & 2020 Spams HUB with "getOrgInfo" request every split second.
The Editor 2019 & 2020 seems to be requesting "UserOrg" info from the hub multiple times every second.
If you are logged into the hub, and you open a project in the said editor versions, Hub starts receiving an infinite request of IPC calls that asks for Logged in user Organization Information.
The calls are originated from UnityConnect & HubClient files within the editor codebase.
Recently, there has been a service incident on GCP that uncovered this issue since the hub was bombarding the Genesis endpoints aggressively, specifically Hub-V3.beta-1 since we change some internal caching of how we return data to the editor.
This issue has not been discovered in Editor 2021, and we suspect that this PR https://ono.unity3d.com/unity/unity/pull-request/117211/_/license/lit-1196-update-access-token-periodically has made the fix unintentionally.
Can we please,
1 - Verify if this PR actually fixes the problem and the Editor is not requesting the same info again & again.
2 - If yes, Can we backport it to Editor 2019 & 2020 in the next release?
This bug should elevated CPU & memory usage since Editor & Hub (v3-beta) never stops talking indefinitely.
1 - Open Hub
2 - Login with your Unity ID into the Hub.
3 - Open a Project in the Editor
4 - Verify you are logged in to the Editor (through Hub).
5 - Once logged in, HubClient will start sending the IPC call 'OrgInfo:get`. (https://github.cds.internal.unity3d.com/unity/unity/blob/0fc289808b93f8357099f6e6ca58bed2fa0430f2/Editor/Src/HubClient/HubClient.cpp#L118-L158)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [2023.2] HDRP Asset Settings Helper throws a NullReferenceException
- [URP] SubmitRenderRequest with NativeRenderPass + Upscaling doesn't work
- “ArgumentOutOfRangeException” error appears when inserting a double character if using “SetValueWithoutNotify” on UI Toolkit’s TextField
- Particle System emission delays between particle generations when playing the simulation
- EditorUtility.DisplayDialog is not shown when Input.GetMouseButtonDown is called a second time