Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1.X
Editing scriptingDefineSymbols in ProjectSettings.asset file doesn't cause recompilation upon opening the project
1. Open user's project "scriptassemblycache2020.2.zip"
2. Notice the message in the Console
3. Close Unity Editor
4. Go to project's folder -> ProjectSettings -> open ProjectSettings.asset in notepad or any code editor
5. Find the scriptingDefineSymbols and change NOTFOO to FOO, and then save the file
6. Open the project once again
7. Notice the message in the Console
Expected result: First time Console prints out "Foo is not defined", second time Console prints out "Foo defined"
Actual result: Console prints out "Foo is not defined" both times, which means that there wasn't a recompilation after the change of the scriptingDefineSymbols in ProjectSettings.asset file
Reproducible with: 2018.4.33f1, 2019.3.0b4, 2020.2.0b3, 2020.3.3f1, 2021.1.0a5
Not reproducible with: 2019.3.0b5, 2019.4.23f1, 2020.2.0b2, 2021.1.0a6, 2021.1.1f1, 2021.2.0a11
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Texture streaming causes all textures to be point filtered in Player when using Direct3D12 API
- [DXR] GPU memory leaks when Renderer.rayTracingMode is set to UnityEngine.Experimental.Rendering.RayTracingMode.DynamicGeometry
- RegisterValueChangeCallback is not called when changing the PropertyField value
- The Properties option is missing when pressing RMB on the PropertyField
- [Android] forward+ lighting glitch when built on Xiaomi Mi 10
Resolution Note (fix version 2021.1):
Fixed in: 2019.3.0b5, 2021.1.0a6