Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1.X
Editing scriptingDefineSymbols in ProjectSettings.asset file doesn't cause recompilation upon opening the project
1. Open user's project "scriptassemblycache2020.2.zip"
2. Notice the message in the Console
3. Close Unity Editor
4. Go to project's folder -> ProjectSettings -> open ProjectSettings.asset in notepad or any code editor
5. Find the scriptingDefineSymbols and change NOTFOO to FOO, and then save the file
6. Open the project once again
7. Notice the message in the Console
Expected result: First time Console prints out "Foo is not defined", second time Console prints out "Foo defined"
Actual result: Console prints out "Foo is not defined" both times, which means that there wasn't a recompilation after the change of the scriptingDefineSymbols in ProjectSettings.asset file
Reproducible with: 2018.4.33f1, 2019.3.0b4, 2020.2.0b3, 2020.3.3f1, 2021.1.0a5
Not reproducible with: 2019.3.0b5, 2019.4.23f1, 2020.2.0b2, 2021.1.0a6, 2021.1.1f1, 2021.2.0a11
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Prefab's scripts are constantly reloaded when trying to enter multiple digits or characters into public fields on custom scripts consecutively
- [Linux] Progress modal window stays on top of every other window and cannot be moved
- Crash on mono_g_hash_table_find_slot when entering Play Mode
- [iOS] Crash when pressing "Done" on the keyboard layout
- Sprite Atlas remains loaded in memory after scene change or unloading assets