Search Issue Tracker
Dynamic Clipping works poorly with large scenes / terrains with the pivot point is near
Basically the Dynamic Clipping (which is set by default) works very poorly with large scenes, especially terrain, especially when the camera's pivot point is close to the scene view camera.
1) Download project ClippingRepro project.
2) Open up the SampeScene.scene.
3) Make sure 'Dynamic Clipping' is set for the scene view camera (at the top right of the scene view > click the camera icon).
4) In the Hierarchy, double click on the "Look at me!!!" game object, which will make the camera zoom to it (also also set the camera's pivot point to it)
5) Now, as seen in the gif, start to zoom towards the cube.
> The far clipping plane will start to cut out the terrain as you do so, alternating between bad and very bad.
This is a problem because it seems like something is very broken with the scene view camera and most users won't know what to do about it.
Reproduced with: 2019.1.0a1
not reproducible with: 2018.4.7f1
happens with build in and Universal.
Manually set the clipping planes (which may result in new problems, and even bugs)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [VCS] Improve UI/UX of connection params (history of previous params, auto-find p4config, etc.)
- [VCS] After working offline in Perforce, show UI for "p4 reconcile" or some other way of getting in sync
- [VCS] UI lacks a File History window (note: needs plugin changes, UI work)
- [VCS] Version Control window context menu: add "Open in P4V" and tweak wording
- [VCS] Perforce/etc. settings could really use a separate entry in Project Settings sidebar