Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2017.1
"Dynamic batching: index buffer destination/source is NULL" when dragging a blank sub-sprite to scene
"Dynamic batching: index buffer destination/source is NULL" when dragging a blank sub-sprite of a Multiple-mode sprite to the scene
1. Open attached project
2. Expand the texture
3. Drag "MetalMan_31 to the scene
The following red asserts will appear in the console
Dynamic batching: index buffer destination is NULL (first IB byte 0 count 0 first vertex 0 offset 0)
Dynamic batching: index buffer source is NULL (first IB byte 0 count 0 first vertex 0 offset 0)
Occurring on: 5.6.0b8 onwards till 2017.1.0a3
Not occurring: 5.6.0b7 and older
In current trunk (2017.1.0a4), the red assert becomes a yellow error "Incomplete Mesh data in Sprite. Please reimport or recreate the Sprite"
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Tessellation is wobbling when moving in and out with Lit.shader
- Text letters are drawn on each other when using bold style a specific 'kelson' font
- [Animation] Inserting a key to a curve that has a single key when editing multiple curves causes assertion.
- Editor crashes on WalkTypeTree after removing any component while in Animation record mode
- [Regression] Confined cursor can go out of the top side of a game window bounds