Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Fixed in 2020.1.X
[DXR] SNorm16 can't be used for mesh's normals when ray traced reflections are enabled
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project named "Case_1263936"
2. Open the Test Scene and enter Play mode
3. Observe two meshes and their reflections in the Game view
Expected result: Both meshes are drawn correctly and receive accurate ray-traced reflections
Actual result: The reflection of the mesh which uses SNorm16 for normals is completely black indicating the SNorm16 normal attribute is missing in the ray-traced reflection
Reproducible with: 2020.1.0f1(8.1.0, 8.2.0), 2020.2.0a18(9.0.0-preview.38, 10.0.0-preview.19)
Could not test with: 2018.4.26f1(DXR was not yet available), 2019.4.5f1(Error when entering Play mode - RayTracing for Dynamic Geometry not implemented yet.)
1. When ray-traced reflections are not used, the expected reflection is rendered for the SNorm16 mesh
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [UI Builder] The border of VisualElement is not created when slicing a pixel art sprite
- [VFX Graph] Bounds padding not working
- Page is missing when looking up documentation for the Custom Function module when it is renamed
- "Shading Mode” isn't set to “Shaded” when pressing a shortcut set for the “Scene View -> Render Mode/Shaded"
- “+” and “-” buttons can't be pressed because the text field of the first array element is being focused in the Tile Palette window