Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.1
Dropdown Prefab's Text Element Resets To default On Play Mode
1. Open attached Unity project "Dropdown Bug.zip"
2. Open "Scene" scene
3. Go into Play Mode
4. Inspect all three dropdown menus
Expected result: All of the dropdown menus should have "Dogs" as their default value
Actual result: prefab's dropdown has "Option A" as the default value.
Note: Create a new instance of the prefab, set dropdown menu values and GameObject --> Break Prefab Instance. Now go into Play Mode and see that when the prefab connection is broken, the dropdown works just fine.
Reproduced on: 5.6.4p4, 2017.1.2p3, 2017.2.0p4, 2017.3.0f1, 2018.1.0a7
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Inconsistency displaying company name in Package Manager UI
- GPU lightmapper doesn't work on Linux any more
- [Editor] Recent scenes should not include (DOTS) subscenes
- Interaction is broken when EditorGUI.indentLevel is set to 1 or higher and ParticleSystem.MinMaxGradient interface is used
- Mouse position is not updated when locking the cursor and it causes the mouse to snap unpredictably when entering the Play Mode