Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2018.1
Dropdown Prefab's Text Element Resets To default On Play Mode
1. Open attached Unity project "Dropdown Bug.zip"
2. Open "Scene" scene
3. Go into Play Mode
4. Inspect all three dropdown menus
Expected result: All of the dropdown menus should have "Dogs" as their default value
Actual result: prefab's dropdown has "Option A" as the default value.
Note: Create a new instance of the prefab, set dropdown menu values and GameObject --> Break Prefab Instance. Now go into Play Mode and see that when the prefab connection is broken, the dropdown works just fine.
Reproduced on: 5.6.4p4, 2017.1.2p3, 2017.2.0p4, 2017.3.0f1, 2018.1.0a7
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [XR][Vulkan] LWRP using stereo instancing renders to only one eye when SRP batcher is enabled
- Unity Unit Tests process terminated in CLI mode because of XR Manager
- Resetting a Preset removes its type and renders it useless
- [LWRP] Add to list button gives empty list when trying to add features to the Forward Renderer
- Inspector blinks / flickers once when Inspector is visible, any object from the Hierarchy is selected and a script is recompiled