Search Issue Tracker
Dragging a component from a prefab into an Inspector field does not set the component in the field
How to reproduce:
1. Open the "New Unity Project.zip" project and open the scene "SampleScene"
2. Select "GameObject" in the Hierarchy and lock it in the Inspector
3. From the Project window, open the prefab "Camera Prefab" in a different Inspector window
4. Drag the Camera component from the prefab into the "Anything" field on the "GameObject"
Expected result: The "Anything" field now shows a reference of the Camera component
Actual result: Assigning the Camera component to the field does not work
Reproduced with: 2018.3.2f1, 2019.1.0a13
Notes:1. By editing the Scene file through a text editor you can still set the Anything field to reference the Camera component from the prefab (this is shown in the provided video)
2. Not tested in 2017.4 because the bug is related to Improved Prefabs which were only introduced in 2018.3.0a6
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Windows High DPI scaling breaks Graphics.DrawTexture
- Particle system billboard particles are invisible when specific "3D Start Rotation" with "Random Between 2 Constants" is applied
- Preview Camera has wrong CameraType when Camera preview is present on Scene View
- Scaling the box in Events Example of ExtOSC plugin causes Unity to crash
- [HDRP] The Game Object is invisible in the Scene and Shader Graph prieview when the Transform node set World to Object position