Search Issue Tracker
Dragging a component from a prefab into an Inspector field does not set the component in the field
How to reproduce:
1. Open the "New Unity Project.zip" project and open the scene "SampleScene"
2. Select "GameObject" in the Hierarchy and lock it in the Inspector
3. From the Project window, open the prefab "Camera Prefab" in a different Inspector window
4. Drag the Camera component from the prefab into the "Anything" field on the "GameObject"
Expected result: The "Anything" field now shows a reference of the Camera component
Actual result: Assigning the Camera component to the field does not work
Reproduced with: 2018.3.2f1, 2019.1.0a13
Notes:1. By editing the Scene file through a text editor you can still set the Anything field to reference the Camera component from the prefab (this is shown in the provided video)
2. Not tested in 2017.4 because the bug is related to Improved Prefabs which were only introduced in 2018.3.0a6
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Dynamic Clipping works poorly with large scenes / terrains with the pivot point is near
- [UWP] Deploying wrong architecture through device portal ends up running a different app
- [MacOS] Standalone build contains .meta files inside native plugin bundles
- Progressive lightmapper leaks memory upon subsequent scene switches and bakes
- [AssetBundle] "The referenced script (Unknown) on this Behaviour is missing!" errors when loading object from Asset Bundle