Search Issue Tracker
Dragging a component from Prefab Mode into an Inspector field of a Scene object does not set the component in the field
How to reproduce:
1. Open the "New Unity Project.zip" project and open the scene "SampleScene"
2. Select "GameObject" in the Hierarchy and lock it in the Inspector
3. From the Project window, open the prefab "Camera Prefab" in a different Inspector window
4. Drag the Camera component from the prefab into the "Anything" field on the "GameObject"
Expected result: The "Anything" field now shows a reference of the Camera component
Actual result: Assigning the Camera component to the field does not work
Reproduced with: 2018.3.2f1, 2019.1.0a13
Notes:1. By editing the Scene file through a text editor you can still set the Anything field to reference the Camera component from the prefab (this is shown in the provided video)
2. Not tested in 2017.4 because the bug is related to Improved Prefabs which were only introduced in 2018.3.0a6
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- New animation clips are not imported correctly when re-importing a fbx file
- [PackMan] Extension in bottom bar disappears when using operations between UI generation and packman extension callbacks
- Editor freezes when recompiling scrips in Play Mode
- Shuriken particles depth offset is not working(has no affect) when 'Renderer Alignment' is set to 'View'
- [InputSystem] InputSystem is not initialized when run in `-batchmode`