Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1.X
Fixed in 2018.4.X, 2019.3.X
Double clicking error in the Console does not open script in code editor when script is outside the project folder
How to reproduce:
1. Download and extract user's "DebugConsoleOpenWith.zip" and "LocalPackage.zip" attachments
2. Delete prefix "case_1181364-" from "case_1181364-LocalPackage" folder
3. Open "DebugConsoleOpenWith" project
4. Open Test.cs in Visual Studio
5. Attach Test.cs to currently opened project
6. Double-click error in the Console of Unity
Expected result: Code editor opens
Actual result: Code editor doesn't open
Reproducible with: 2018.4.11f1, 2019.2.10f1, 2019.3.0b7, 2020.1.0a9
Could not test: 2017.4.33f1 no errors in the Console
Note: Sometimes in 2019.2.8f1 and earlier versions the issue is not reproducible
Jan 14, 2020 17:03
This is a super-annoying one. I need to have this fixed for Unity 2019.2.
Also, while it says that it's fixed for Unity 2019.3, I have just filed Case 1211477 because I can still reproduce this in 2019.3.0f5 (the most recent version of Unity 2019.3). I also tested against Unity 2020.1.0a18, and in that version, the issue is indeed fixed.
Interestingly, I thought this was fixed in Unity 2019.2 - but in 2019.2.17 I can reproduce it all the time, so there may also be a regression.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Long Prefab save times when using Unity 2022.2 and higher
- Console displays error "UnityException: Creating asset at path Assets/Scenes/ .scenetemplate failed." during scene template saving
- "Development Build" watermark is shown in non-development UWP release builds
- Console errors appear when the Inspector is set to Debug and a GameObject is selected
- A script public variable value is not used when set in the Inspector window
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.1):
Fixed in versions: