Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2
.preset file's properties' value changes are not reflected when the values are modified in the Inspector window
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached 'project-1223623.zip' project
2. In the Project Folder open 'Assets' > 'TemplatePresets' > 'Transform.preset' with a text editor
3. Observe the value of 'propertyPath: m_LocalPosition.x'
4. In the Project Settings select 'TemplatePresets' > 'Transform'
5. In the Inspector window change the Position X value to '123'
6. Repeat steps 2-3
Expected result: changes are reflected in the 'Transform.preset' file
Actual result: changes are NOT reflected in the 'Transform.preset' file
Reproducible with: 2018.4.19f1, 2019.3.4f1, 2020.1.0b1, 2020.2.0a2
Could not test with: 2017.4.37f1 (presets not available)
Note: same behavior can be noticed when modifying the .preset file in a text editor and then observing it in the Inspector window
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Vulkan] Crash in Windows Standalone when Vulkan is set as rendering API and player window is out of focus
- "Can't destroy Transform component" Error is thrown when closing a scene that contains a DontSave Prefab with a Child
- [Particle System] Editor freezes when assigning a nested Particle System in the Sub Emitter Module
- Unable to switch to different material when selecting another material from Asset selector window on Particle System Material
- Inspector displaying wrong characters when using ANSI encoding and non latin characters in a Shader property