Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
.preset file's properties' value changes are not reflected when the values are modified in the Inspector window
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached 'project-1223623.zip' project
2. In the Project Folder open 'Assets' > 'TemplatePresets' > 'Transform.preset' with a text editor
3. Observe the value of 'propertyPath: m_LocalPosition.x'
4. In the Project Settings select 'TemplatePresets' > 'Transform'
5. In the Inspector window change the Position X value to '123'
6. Repeat steps 2-3
Expected result: changes are reflected in the 'Transform.preset' file
Actual result: changes are NOT reflected in the 'Transform.preset' file
Reproducible with: 2018.4.19f1, 2019.3.4f1, 2020.1.0b1, 2020.2.0a2
Could not test with: 2017.4.37f1 (presets not available)
Note: same behavior can be noticed when modifying the .preset file in a text editor and then observing it in the Inspector window
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Standard Unity Materials and Shaders become corrupted after importing specific Asset Packages
- [Linux][OpenGL][Vulkan] Draw calls are not shown in the Event List when taking a capture of a frame with RenderDoc
- Inaccurate collision detections when Rigidbody Collision Detection is set to "Continuous" or "Continuous Dynamic"
- Crash on Object::IncrementPersistentDirtyIndex when upgrading project version
- [iOS] Multiple Xcode project instances created before opens up when performing Build and Run for iOS Platform