Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2019.1
[.NET 4.X] Instead of showing which package needs to be enabled to fix compiler error, general missing assembly error is thrown
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open attached project
2. In console, notice errors:
- Assets/Test.cs(8,9): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'WWW' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
- Assets/Test.cs(9,9): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'ParticleSystem' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
With .NET 3.5 it instead shows this as expected:
- Assets/Test.cs(8,9): error CS1070: The type `UnityEngine.WWW' has been forwarded to an assembly that is not referenced. Enable the built in package 'Asset Bundle' in the Package Manager window to fix this error.
Reproduced with: 2018.3.0b1, 2018.3.0b3
Not reproducible: 2018.2.10f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [OSX][Settings] When using only the new ISX as Input Handling, mouse position and scroll are still detected by the old system.
- [Scripting] Input Action fails to re-enable after disabled.
- [MacOS] "Bloom" does not work in Standalone Build
- Mesh.CombineMeshes result has different normals if the original mesh has tweaked normals and scale
- [Hub] In licence error screen https://unity3d.com/unity/err/license redirects to not found website