Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.1.X
Fixed in 2018.2.X, 2018.3.X
[.NET 4.X] Instead of showing which package needs to be enabled to fix compiler error, general missing assembly error is thrown
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open attached project
2. In console, notice errors:
- Assets/Test.cs(8,9): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'WWW' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
- Assets/Test.cs(9,9): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'ParticleSystem' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
With .NET 3.5 it instead shows this as expected:
- Assets/Test.cs(8,9): error CS1070: The type `UnityEngine.WWW' has been forwarded to an assembly that is not referenced. Enable the built in package 'Asset Bundle' in the Package Manager window to fix this error.
Reproduced with: 2018.3.0b1, 2018.3.0b3
Not reproducible: 2018.2.10f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Reflection Probe doesn't load until it's selected in the Hierarchy window when the project has been opened
- "ArgumentNullException" error in the Console when selecting certain ScriptableObjects and entering Play Mode
- Configurable joints become bouncier when setting "Bounciness" below 1
- Prefabs get corrupted when editing Particle System curves
- Colors on images become darker when enabling "Vertex Color Always in Gamma Color Space"