Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
DontSaveInEditor and NotEditable flags are not automatically added to the Asset when using OnPostprocessPrefab method
1. Open the user's attached project
2. In the Project window, select SamplePrefab
3. In the Inspector window, observe the values of Sample Property 1 and Sample Property 2
4. Select Open Prefab and observe the values of Sample Property 1 and Sample Property 2
5. In the Project window, select SamplePrefab again and change Sample Property 2 value to Test (or anything else)
6. Save the changes and select Open Prefab
7. Observe the values of Sample Property 1 and Sample Property 2
Expected result: Sample Property 1 is "original value" and Sample Property 2 is "Test"
Actual result: Sample Property 1 is "processed value 1" and Sample Property 2 is "Test"
Reproducible with: 2020.2.0a10, 2020.2.2f1, 2021.1.0b2, 2021.2.0a2
Could not test with: 2018.4.31f1, 2019.4.19f1, 2020.2.0a9 (OnPostprocessPrefab() is not triggered and does not have an effect on non-original prefab)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Editor directs to non-existent page when pressing "Learn more..." for Asset Pipeline
- ChangeSets are not detected when created via Editor Scripts
- "Cyclic Prefab nesting not supported" error window is thrown when trying to nest two sibling prefab variants
- BuildPipeline error is thrown when building Asset Bundles
- "IndexOutOfRangeException" errors appear when entering Play Mode if using "AsDeferredJobArray"