Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.2
Disabling Dynamic Batching while Editor is in play mode does not enable Batching after exiting play mode
1. Open the attached project "New Unity Project.zip";
2. Open the "main" scene and enter a play mode;
3. In the Player settings, uncheck Dynamic Batching. Note that the number of batches reported on the Statistics window increases from 4 to 11.
4. Exit play mode. Note that the Dynamic Batching reverts to the enabled state as expected.
5. Enter a play mode again and open the Frame debugger window.
Expected results: as the Dynamic Batching is enabled, the Frame Debugger will show it and the number of batches in the Stats window will decrease to 4.
Actual results: even if Dynamic Batching is shown as enabled, it is not working and the Frame Debugger skips it, the Stats windows is still showing 11 batches.
Workaround: After exiting a play mode in step 4, uncheck and re-check Dynamic Batching in the Player settings.
Reproduced on: 5.6.3p4, 2017.1.2p2, 2017.2.0p1, 2017.3.0b8, 2018.1.0a3.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Cannot activate license within a docker container
- [CPU PLM] Radeon Pro denoiser does not work upon the first bake using CPU PLM
- [IL2CPP] Player crashes after calling HttpClient when Incremental GC is enabled
- [Android 4.1][IL2CPP] IL2CPP app built with "Strip Engine Code" enabled crashes/freeze on Android 4.1 OS devices
- [2018.4] Console throws a Warning about corrupted ProjectVersion.txt file which is in another Project