Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.2.X
Disabling Dynamic Batching while Editor is in play mode does not enable Batching after exiting play mode
1. Open the attached project "New Unity Project.zip";
2. Open the "main" scene and enter a play mode;
3. In the Player settings, uncheck Dynamic Batching. Note that the number of batches reported on the Statistics window increases from 4 to 11.
4. Exit play mode. Note that the Dynamic Batching reverts to the enabled state as expected.
5. Enter a play mode again and open the Frame debugger window.
Expected results: as the Dynamic Batching is enabled, the Frame Debugger will show it and the number of batches in the Stats window will decrease to 4.
Actual results: even if Dynamic Batching is shown as enabled, it is not working and the Frame Debugger skips it, the Stats windows is still showing 11 batches.
Workaround: After exiting a play mode in step 4, uncheck and re-check Dynamic Batching in the Player settings.
Reproduced on: 5.6.3p4, 2017.1.2p2, 2017.2.0p1, 2017.3.0b8, 2018.1.0a3.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Lists auto expand when scrolling down in the Inspector Window
- Graphics.CopyTexture does not work with Texture2DArray when "Texture Quality" is not "Full Res"
- Unity Download Assistant uses the last install path
- Keycodes Less and Greater are not being registered when using GetKeyDown
- GameObjects in the Scene are not selectable when using "w" after painting with Tile Pallete