Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.2.X
Disabling Dynamic Batching while Editor is in play mode does not enable Batching after exiting play mode
1. Open the attached project "New Unity Project.zip";
2. Open the "main" scene and enter a play mode;
3. In the Player settings, uncheck Dynamic Batching. Note that the number of batches reported on the Statistics window increases from 4 to 11.
4. Exit play mode. Note that the Dynamic Batching reverts to the enabled state as expected.
5. Enter a play mode again and open the Frame debugger window.
Expected results: as the Dynamic Batching is enabled, the Frame Debugger will show it and the number of batches in the Stats window will decrease to 4.
Actual results: even if Dynamic Batching is shown as enabled, it is not working and the Frame Debugger skips it, the Stats windows is still showing 11 batches.
Workaround: After exiting a play mode in step 4, uncheck and re-check Dynamic Batching in the Player settings.
Reproduced on: 5.6.3p4, 2017.1.2p2, 2017.2.0p1, 2017.3.0b8, 2018.1.0a3.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- The "Add Component" context menu root level has a parent when is reopened after selecting a Component
- [Android] Crash on memcpy when building for Android Platform
- Cannot create DropdownField with nested choices when using UIToolkit
- Lightmaps are baked incorrectly for GameObjects when their Position is <=-2048 or >=2048 on any of the coordinates
- Sahder errors in Player when "Strict shader variant matching" is enabled and the rendering path is set to "Deferred"