Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.2
Fixed in 2019.1
[DetailMesh] Unable to paint detail mesh when terrain contains assigned grass texture
Steps to repro:
1. Open Unity;
2. Create new project;
3. Import attached ‘DetailMeshBug’ package;
4. Double click on ‘Terrain’ gameobject in the Hierarchy;
5. Go to ‘Paint Details’ tab of terrain’s component;
6. Notice that there is grass texture along with ‘Cube’ detail mesh (without material’s texture) added;
7. Select ‘Grass' texture in Inspector;
8. Paint ‘Grass' texture on terrain in Scene view;
9. Select ‘Cube’ detail mesh in Inspector;
10. Try to paint ‘Cube’ detail mesh on terrain.
Nothing happens (see attached gif video). When grass texture is added, detail mesh could not be painted on terrain. Inconsistent behaviour within product, because when we have only one detail mesh added (without grass texture) - it’s painted successfully.
User should always be able to paint detail mesh on terrain, even with grass texture added.
Workaround is either to remove grass texture or to add texture to detail mesh’s material and save scene.
- Reproducible in: 5.5.0f2, 5.4.0b8, 5.3.3p2, 5.3.3f1, 5.3.2f1;
- Reproducible on both OSX 10.11.3 and Windows 10;
- Interesting behaviour happens, when you have only one cube detail mesh painted on terrain and then add grass texture - detail mesh disappears in this case.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Changing ip address of cache server v2 doesn't reconnect.
- Aplying changes to root prefab in a nested prefab undo changes made to the child prefab
- [2018.4][UWP] Exception is thrown 'Unable to find method PostprocessStacktrace in [UnityEngine.CoreModule.dll]'
- Sub Emitter particle's width is twice its height when Separate Axes in the Size over Lifetime module is enabled
- Animation does not play correctly when Optimized Game Object functionality is used and a Child GameObject is added to bone