Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.3.7
Destroying Texture2D doesn't free memory
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open attached project "765799.zip"
2. Open scene "repro"
3. Open "TestMemoryLeak.cs"
4. Notice that it creates new Texture2D every second. Then destroys it.
5. Run scene
6. Open task manager and notice how memory builds up
Note: This issue is only partially visible in the profiler: "Used Total" doesn't increase when memory builds up, only "Total System Memory Usage" builds up.
Reproduced with: 5.1.4f1, 5.2.4p1, 5.3.2p1, 5.4.0b4
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- FP32 is used for a temporary when compiling a shader for GLES or Vulkan
- The highlight that was created with Highlighter.Highlight does not disappear when the window is closed with the element
- [URP] CommandBuffer warnings thrown while debugging Depth Overlays with Post-processing enabled in Rendering Debugger
- hlslcc: float image atomics don’t work
- [Apple silicon][M1] Game view FPS is very low when the view is moved to an external display