Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.1.X
Fixed in 2018.4.X, 2019.2.X
Deleting script of a checked MenuItem results in "can't be checked because it doesn't exist" error
How to reproduce:
1. Create a new Unity Project
2. Import the attached MenuTest.cs script
3. In the Menu Bar, select "MenuTest/Check MenuItem"
4. Delete the MenuTest.cs script
5. Observe the Console window
Expected result: After recompilation, there are no error messages in the Console.
Actual result: After recompilation, there is an error message: "Menu <menu_item_name> can't be checked because it doesn't exist"
Reproducible with - 2018.2.0a3, 2018.2.21f1, 2018.3.0a1, 2018.3.9f1, 2019.1.0b7, 2019.2.0a8
Not reproducible with - 2017.4.23f1, 2018.2.0a2
- On 2019.2.0a8 the message is a warning. On 2019.1 and prior, the message is an error (with a red exclamation mark).
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Pausing a Visual Effect doesn't pause the “Multiply size over life” effect in the Update Block
- Wheel Colliders aren't detecting collision
- [VFX Graph] VFX graph is still dark when using Light Mode
- The Rotation of Child GameObject with the Interpolating RigidBody is set to a random number when changing the Rotation of Parent GameObject
- [Shader Graph] Shader graph is still dark when using Light Mode
Resolution Note (fix version 2019.1):
Fixed in 2019.3.0a1
Backported to 2019.1.1f1, 2019.2.0a14