Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.1
Fixed in 2018.4, 2019.1, 2019.2
Deleting script of a checked MenuItem results in "can't be checked because it doesn't exist" error
How to reproduce:
1. Create a new Unity Project
2. Import the attached MenuTest.cs script
3. In the Menu Bar, select "MenuTest/Check MenuItem"
4. Delete the MenuTest.cs script
5. Observe the Console window
Expected result: After recompilation, there are no error messages in the Console.
Actual result: After recompilation, there is an error message: "Menu <menu_item_name> can't be checked because it doesn't exist"
Reproducible with - 2018.2.0a3, 2018.2.21f1, 2018.3.0a1, 2018.3.9f1, 2019.1.0b7, 2019.2.0a8
Not reproducible with - 2017.4.23f1, 2018.2.0a2
- On 2019.2.0a8 the message is a warning. On 2019.1 and prior, the message is an error (with a red exclamation mark).
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [IL2CPP][Android] Incorrect symbol length/symbols returned with "AndroidJavaClass"and "AndroidJavaProxy" on Android < 5.1.1
- Animating the alpha channel of a color in a material causes the RGB channels to be reset to 0
- [Mobile] TouchScreenKeyboardType is missing DecimalPad
- Memory leak in Scene Memory/RenderTexture when Scene View is active and 'Animated Materials' + 'Post Processings' toggles are on
- Ctrl + F should start search in PackageManager