Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.1.X
Fixed in 2018.4.X, 2019.2.X
Deleting script of a checked MenuItem results in "can't be checked because it doesn't exist" error
How to reproduce:
1. Create a new Unity Project
2. Import the attached MenuTest.cs script
3. In the Menu Bar, select "MenuTest/Check MenuItem"
4. Delete the MenuTest.cs script
5. Observe the Console window
Expected result: After recompilation, there are no error messages in the Console.
Actual result: After recompilation, there is an error message: "Menu <menu_item_name> can't be checked because it doesn't exist"
Reproducible with - 2018.2.0a3, 2018.2.21f1, 2018.3.0a1, 2018.3.9f1, 2019.1.0b7, 2019.2.0a8
Not reproducible with - 2017.4.23f1, 2018.2.0a2
- On 2019.2.0a8 the message is a warning. On 2019.1 and prior, the message is an error (with a red exclamation mark).
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- ShaderUtil.GetShaderData(shader).SubshaderCount does not count unsupported subshader
- GameObject.GetComponents returns the wrong number of components
- GUI button looks different from Editor in a Build
- Live Profiler Timeline keeps losing frame data while scrolling inside Profiler window
- Input.mouseScrollDelta.y is not correctly mapped to mouse wheel when running an iOS app on Apple Silicon Mac