Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.2.X
Fixed in 2018.4.X, 2019.1.X
Debugging Unity C# code containing Async/Await breaks debugger & causes Editor to hard crash
How to reproduce:
1. Open attached project "case_662397-asyncCrashRepro.zip" and scene "AsyncRepro"
2. Open Visual Studio and attach the Unity Editor for debugging
3. In Visual Studio, place a breakpoint on line 62 (on int b = 0)
4. In Unity Editor, enter Play mode
5. In Visual Studio, press "Step Out" button (shortcut is Shift + F11)
6. Observe Unity Editor
Expected result: the Editor runs smoothly
Actual result: the Editor crashes
Reproducible with: 2018.3.14f1, 2018.4.0f1, 2019.1.2f1, 2019.2.0b2, 2019.3.0a2
Not reproducible with: 2017.4.27f1, 2018.2.21f1
Could not test with: 2018.3.0a1, 2018.3.0b1 (Visual Studio does not find coresponding location, image attached)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Graphics.CopyTexture does not work with Texture2DArray when "Texture Quality" is not "Full Res"
- Unity Download Assistant uses the last install path
- Keycodes Less and Greater are not being registered when using GetKeyDown
- [UI Builder] Editing uXML file externally opens the ui Builder
- Timeout value does not propagate when using a DelegatingHandler as the main HttpClient handler