Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.6.0
Debugger in MonoDevelop deadlocks the Editor
Steps to reproduce the issue:
1. Download and open attached project.
2. Switch project target to iOS.
3. Open the project in MonoDevelop and set a breakpoint in "AppProxy.cs" line 50 (Start() method).
4. Attach the debugger to Unity.
5. Back in the Editor and open the scene "Watchtower_V3".
6. In the menu navigate to "WBSF -> Game -> Run".
7. Make sure the breakpoint hits and press "Continue". Verify that the Debugger is still attached, sometimes it detaches. If dettached, reattach.
8. Wait for the "Error" Dialog.
9. After seeing the error, press restart a few times.
10. Stop the player (debugger should stay attached).
11. In the menu navigate to "WBSF -> Game -> Run".
12. After the breakpoint was hit again, press "Continue".
Unity should not freeze.
If the issue is not reproducible, repeat the last three steps (10-12) several times.
5.3.5p3, 5.3.5p8, 5.3.6f1.
Cannot reproduce with:
5.1.5f1, 5.2.5f1 (because The type or namespace name `SceneManagement' does not exist in the namespace).
5.4.0f3 (because UnityEditor.BuildPipeline.BuildAssetBundles() is obsolete).
5.5.0a5 (after launching the project and agreeing to update the Scripting API the Editor freezes immediately).
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [OSX] Editor windows flicker in Play Mode when dragging and docking windows with Metal Editor Support enabled
- Popup Window propagates input in its calling Window underneath and all other Windows
- [XR] Vulkan graphics device lacks support for additional graphics queue when using Oculus XR provider
- [TransformTool] Shift rotate always reset the rotation value when used
- Editor stops repainting and throws exceptions when creating new Scene inside AssetDatabase.StartAssetEditing()