Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
"Cyclic Prefab nesting not supported" error window is thrown when trying to nest two sibling prefab variants
1. Open the attached project "cyclicError.zip"
2. Open the "VariantA" Prefab variant to edit: Project window > Double-Click on "VariantA" file
3. Drag the "VariantB" file to the Hierarchy window
Expected result: The second Prefab variant is added to the first Prefab variant file
Actual result: "Cyclic Prefab nesting not supported" error window is thrown.
Reproducible with: 2022.1.0a5, 2022.1.0b2, 2022.2.0a1
Not reproducible with: 2019.4.34f1, 2020.3.25f1, 2021.2.7f1, 2022.1.0a4
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- All models become suddenly stuck in weird poses and Animations are messed up when previewing any character animation in the Editor and looking around in the Scene View
- Files are not included in the “Assembly-CSharp.csproj” file when they are in the Editor folder
- [URP] Specular Color behavior does not match Legacy or HDRP
- [Linux] Array Element doesn't duplicate/delete when clicking "Duplicate/Delete Array Element" on an Array Element in a Prefab GameObject
- [ShaderGraph] Skewed guidelines are drawn from the top left corner of the Node when it is moved