Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1
CullingResults.visibleLights returns positive light count while there are no visible lights in the camera frustum
CullingResults.visibleLights returns positive light count while there are no visible lights in the camera frustum when oblique camera projection is used
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project 'URP_2019.3_b.zip'
2. Notice that there are no lights in the camera frustum in the Scene View
3. Select GameObject > Main Camera GameObject in the Hierarchy
4. Observe Console logs
Expected result: Console logs 'Preview Camera VisibleLights: 0'
Actual result: Console logs 'Preview Camera VisibleLights: 4'
Reproducible with: 2019.4.10f1, 2020.1.5f1, 2020.2.0b2
Not reproducible with 2018.4.27f1 due to errors thrown in the console
- Calculating and oblique matrix from a clip plane aligned with the camera's forward does not yield this problem
- This issue was first observed when using the URP Deferred Renderer that draws from visibleLights. As URP does not support deferred rendering yet it might be a culling issue
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Shadows are not cast when you first Blit the Shadow map and then set it back to Buffer
- Changes to instanced detail mesh material don't immediately apply
- [uGUI] Vertices retrieved from GetUIVertexStream method cannot be modified when adjusting them through script
- Scroll bar scrolls less in the Package Manager packages than elsewhere when pressing on the empty scroll bar area to scroll
- Undo.RegisterCreatedObjectUndo dirties the scene, but no actual changes to Scene are made