Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1.X
Fixed in 2020.3.X
CullingResults.visibleLights returns positive light count while there are no visible lights in the camera frustum
CullingResults.visibleLights returns positive light count while there are no visible lights in the camera frustum when oblique camera projection is used
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project 'URP_2019.3_b.zip'
2. Notice that there are no lights in the camera frustum in the Scene View
3. Select GameObject > Main Camera GameObject in the Hierarchy
4. Observe Console logs
Expected result: Console logs 'Preview Camera VisibleLights: 0'
Actual result: Console logs 'Preview Camera VisibleLights: 4'
Reproducible with: 2019.4.10f1, 2020.1.5f1, 2020.2.0b2
Not reproducible with 2018.4.27f1 due to errors thrown in the console
- Calculating and oblique matrix from a clip plane aligned with the camera's forward does not yield this problem
- This issue was first observed when using the URP Deferred Renderer that draws from visibleLights. As URP does not support deferred rendering yet it might be a culling issue
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Long Prefab save times when using Unity 2022.2 and higher
- Console displays error "UnityException: Creating asset at path Assets/Scenes/ .scenetemplate failed." during scene template saving
- "Development Build" watermark is shown in non-development UWP release builds
- Console errors appear when the Inspector is set to Debug and a GameObject is selected
- A script public variable value is not used when set in the Inspector window
Resolution Note (fix version 2021.1):
Fixed in 2021.1.0a2
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.3):
Fixed in 2020.3.13f1