Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.3.3
[culling] Wrong culling of some particle objects
1. Open attached "CANDLE3" project
2. Open "repro" scene in assets folder
3. In hierarchy tab, click on "FX" and then double click on "e_Luciernagas Reverse" object
4. Move or zoom camera around this object
5. Notice, that this object sometimes blinks or disappears (As shown in the attached GIF)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- UI Toolkit's MinMaxSlider snaps unexpectedly in Runtime
- [2D] [URP] Objects are rendered twice when Foremost Sorting Layer is enabled
- Physics applied to Rigidbody is not fully disabled when setting the Rigidbody to Kinematic
- Scene view turns black when using a custom Mesh Renderer
- VFX Graph ZWrite has no effect when using URP PostProcessing DoF effect
Dec 11, 2015 15:13
Ok, I see how this goes. The thing with some particle effects (like fire) is that their size is variable since the emitting is somewhat random, and that makes that, sometimes, the particle is on a corner of the screen and its bounding box can for a few frames be small enough to get out of the camera frustum, and then get in again. In the frames in which the bounding box is smaller and it's not inside the screen space, the particles are culled and, as soon as the particle grows bigger and the bounding box expands, the particle appears again.
Dec 11, 2015 12:16
Happenning in v5.3.0 too...
Nov 09, 2015 13:31
Still happenning in v5.2.2...
Oct 01, 2015 14:49
It's apparently related to the subemmitters. The Yscale value in their transform must be exactly 1, don't really know why.
Sep 25, 2015 11:51
This also happens with sprites too (although in that case setting their Zscale to a very very small value such as 0.001f kind of solves the issue).
Hoping this will be fixed soon since it clearly affects the visuals of any game.