Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Crash when applying material to mesh
1. Open the user's attached project
2. Add a new mesh to any scene and apply any material from 'BetterLitShader/Examples/Materials'
Expected result: The material is applied without issues
Actual result: The Editor crashes
Reproducible with: 2021.2.0b3, 2021.2.1f1, 2022.1.0a2
Not reproducible with: 2019.4.32f1, 2020.3.22f1, 2021.1.28f1, 2021.2.0b2, 2022.1.0a3, 2022.1.0a13
The Editor may crash on load if a scene with the applied material is loaded
Nov 06, 2021 05:18
Is this going to be back ported or do we really need to go a year of releases with this broken? Is there a workaround?
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Long Prefab save times when using Unity 2022.2 and higher
- Console displays error "UnityException: Creating asset at path Assets/Scenes/ .scenetemplate failed." during scene template saving
- "Development Build" watermark is shown in non-development UWP release builds
- Console errors appear when the Inspector is set to Debug and a GameObject is selected
- A script public variable value is not used when set in the Inspector window
Resolution Note (fix version 2021.2):
Fixed in 2021.2.6f1