Search Issue Tracker
Found in [Package]
Crash on TransferField_NonArray when running a build
EDIT: This feels like more of a Build Pipeline issue, if anything. They mention in the steps that doing a build without Addressables doesn't cause the problem, but I think they're just doing a player build and not going through SBP.
1. Open the user's attached project
2. Go to the 'Window -> Asset Management -> Addressables -> Groups'
3. 'Build -> New Build -> Default Build Script'
4. Close the Editor
5. Edit some scripts and add new files
6. Open the Editor
7. Repeat steps 2 and 3
8. Go to the 'File -> Build and Run'
9. Observe a crash
Reproducible with: 1.19.19 (2021.2.8f1)
- Removing the corrupted files mentioned in the crash log fixes the issue
- The crash doesn't occur when running a build without Addressables
Some lines of the stack trace:
0x00007FF631EA67D9 (Unity) TransferField_NonArray<StreamedBinaryRead,Converter_String>
0x00007FF631E22BA6 (Unity) ExecuteSerializationCommands<ConfigSettingsRead>
0x00007FF631EC9CB2 (Unity) Transfer_ManagedObject<StreamedBinaryRead,0>
0x00007FF631E22CC6 (Unity) ExecuteSerializationCommands<JSONRead>
0x00007FF631E3AEF8 (Unity) <lambda_580fa16bd23d18c3e466e7b58feca0a1>::operator()
0x00007FF631E35BA1 (Unity) TransferScriptingObject<StreamedBinaryRead>
0x00007FF631E3711C (Unity) SerializableManagedRefTransfer::TransferScriptingObjectWithSerializedRefSupport<StreamedBinaryRead>
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Mouse inputs cannot be inputted when searching the Shortcuts Menu by type "Shortcut"
- "Debug Assertion Failed!" error when launching Windows Dedicated Server Player with Script Debugging enabled
- [Cinematic Studio][3D HDRP] Shader warnings thrown in the Console window when creating a new project with Cinematic Studio template
- Autoplay is triggered on Audio Assets when changing Asset Bundle tags
- Inspector Asset Bundle section has no indication for Variants, AssetBundle is written without a space, and Variant dropdown menu is available without setting the Asset Bundle first