Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Fixed in 2020.3.X, 2021.1.X
Crash on TiledTextureManager::CreateTexture when importing or reimporting a large amount of assets in one batch
1. Open the attached project ("1265099.zip")
2. Make sure you have at least 100 GB of free disk space
3. Go to Edit > Project Settings > Graphics APIs for Windows and drag Direct3D11 to top (and restart the editor)
4. Open "Crash" scene
5. Select "Crasher" GameObject in Hierarchy
6. Toggle "Create Crash Assets"
7. Wait until all the assets have been generates. This can take a long time.
8. Go to Edit > Project Settings > Graphics APIs for Windows and drag Direct3D12 to top (and restart the editor)
9. Either choose Assets > Reimport All (an alternative is to remove the Library-folder from the project and restart the editor, which triggers import)
Reproducible with: 2018.4.26f1, 2019.4.9f1, 2020.1.4f1, 2020.2.0a21
First lines of the stacktraces:
0x00007FFFE0873571 (nvwgf2umx) NVAPI_Thunk
0x00007FFFE0A4D367 (nvwgf2umx) NVAPI_Thunk
0x00007FFFDFF7211C (nvwgf2umx) OpenAdapter12
0x00007FFFE00EE55F (nvwgf2umx) OpenAdapter12
0x00007FFFAEC33C3A (d3d12) D3D12PIXReportCounter
0x00007FF6EC31353F (Unity) TiledTextureManager::CreateTexture
0x00007FF7F74CF8BA (Unity) D3D12PageAllocatorBase::RequestPage
0x00007FF7F74E6CB5 (Unity) D3D12Page::Alloc
0x00007FF7F74CFC1E (Unity) D3D12CommandList::ReserveScratchMemory
0x00007FF7F74DB345 (Unity) TexturesD3D12::UploadTextureSubData2D
0x0000000142223CFA (Unity) D3D12DeviceState::ApplyRenderTargets
0x0000000142227F7D (Unity) D3D12DeviceState::Transition
0x000000014221ECCF (Unity) D3D12CommandListWithState::ApplyStateClear
0x00000001422414EA (Unity) GfxDeviceD3D12Base::Clear
- Reproduces when using DX12, Vulkan
- Doesn't reproduce using DX11, OpenGLCore
- Crashes when the "Hold on..." pop-up window is "Re-serializing Assets..."
- Can either hard crash or silent crash
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Standard Unity Materials and Shaders become corrupted after importing specific Asset Packages
- [Linux][OpenGL][Vulkan] Draw calls are not shown in the Event List when taking a capture of a frame with RenderDoc
- Inaccurate collision detections when Rigidbody Collision Detection is set to "Continuous" or "Continuous Dynamic"
- Crash on Object::IncrementPersistentDirtyIndex when upgrading project version
- [iOS] Multiple Xcode project instances created before opens up when performing Build and Run for iOS Platform