Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Any (fix is in Editor)
Found in [Package]
Crash on Terrain::UpdateSplatMaterials when removing Universal RP package with Terrain Lit material
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project from "URPpackageCrash.zip"
2. Open scene "PolarScene"
3. Using Package Manager, remove the "Universal RP" package
Expected result: Package is removed
Actual result: Unity crashes
Reproducible with: 2020.2.0b9, 2020.3.2f1, 2021.1.0f1, 2021.2.0a10 (Universal RP 10.1.0-12.0.0)
Not reproducible with: 2018.4.33f1, 2019.4.23f1, 2020.2.0b8 (Universal RP 7.0.0-10.0.0-preview.26)
First lines of stack trace:
0x00007ff6357151a9 (Unity) Terrain::UpdateSplatMaterials
0x00007ff63571fd8c (Unity) TerrainManager::CullAllTerrains
0x00007ff63443a27a (Unity) Camera::CustomCull
0x00007ff636657536 (Unity) Camera::RenderEditorCamera
0x00007ff636ee136c (Unity) Handles_CUSTOM_Internal_DrawCameraWithGrid
0x0000013f126377db (Mono JIT Code) (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEditor.Handles:Internal_DrawCameraWithGrid
1. Removing terrain "SnowGround" from Hierarchy resolves the issue
2. Seems to be related to the terrain's material, only reproduces with "Terrain Lit"
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Incorrect Burst Exception Control Flow in Editor due to Mono Handling of calli instruction
- [Linux] Packman options to add package from Git URL doesn't always show the window directly below the + button
- Editor redirects to a broken page when pressing question mark "?" in the Inspector window
- Editor directs to non-existent page when pressing "Learn more..." for Asset Pipeline
- "Cyclic Prefab nesting not supported" error window is thrown when trying to nest two sibling prefab variants