Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Any (fix is in Editor)
Found in [Package]
Crash on Terrain::UpdateSplatMaterials when removing Universal RP package with Terrain Lit material
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project from "URPpackageCrash.zip"
2. Open scene "PolarScene"
3. Using Package Manager, remove the "Universal RP" package
Expected result: Package is removed
Actual result: Unity crashes
Reproducible with: 2020.2.0b9, 2020.3.2f1, 2021.1.0f1, 2021.2.0a10 (Universal RP 10.1.0-12.0.0)
Not reproducible with: 2018.4.33f1, 2019.4.23f1, 2020.2.0b8 (Universal RP 7.0.0-10.0.0-preview.26)
First lines of stack trace:
0x00007ff6357151a9 (Unity) Terrain::UpdateSplatMaterials
0x00007ff63571fd8c (Unity) TerrainManager::CullAllTerrains
0x00007ff63443a27a (Unity) Camera::CustomCull
0x00007ff636657536 (Unity) Camera::RenderEditorCamera
0x00007ff636ee136c (Unity) Handles_CUSTOM_Internal_DrawCameraWithGrid
0x0000013f126377db (Mono JIT Code) (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEditor.Handles:Internal_DrawCameraWithGrid
1. Removing terrain "SnowGround" from Hierarchy resolves the issue
2. Seems to be related to the terrain's material, only reproduces with "Terrain Lit"
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- "Unknown managed type referenced" error is thrown on Play Mode enter with Profiler recording
- CapsuleCast from certain positions fails to detect a hit
- ShaderUtil.GetShaderData(shader).SubshaderCount does not count unsupported subshader
- GameObject.GetComponents returns the wrong number of components
- GUI button looks different from Editor in a Build