Search Issue Tracker
Found in [Package]
Crash on ScriptableBatchRenderer::GenerateBuiltInCBuffer when Instantiating gameobject via Asset Reference
How to reproduce:
1. Open the "BatchRenderer_Crash.zip" project
2. Open Window -> Asset Management -> Addressable Assets
3. In the Addressables Window select Play Mode Script -> Packed Play Mode
4. Select Build -> Build Player Content
5. Open "SampleScene.unity" scene
6. Enter Play Mode
Actual result: Unity crashes.
Reproducible with: 2019.2.0a10, 2019.1.0b8, 2019.1.0b1.
Sometimes, the issue may not be reproducible. If that happens, press Build -> Clean -> All
Couldn't check earlier versions because the HDRP breaks and causes too many errors in most versions.
Two packages are required to reproduce the crash:
The crash happens on line "var asyncSpawn = assetReference.Instantiate(this.transform.position, this.transform.rotation);" CarInstance.cs:15"
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- User gets errors in the console when enters longer tag title
- “UnityException: Could not find the requested Platform Texture Settings” is thrown when multi-selecting textures
- Light's Culling Mask does not work with Scriptable Renderer Feature when having only one Culling Mask
- "TouchScreenKeyboard.hideInput" triggers numerous errors & breaks function when built for Android
- Meta Quest performance loss between URP versions when built