Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.3
Crash on Object_CUSTOM_GetName when trying to get Transform.name when passing transform by reference
How to reproduce:
1. Open the "name_repro.zip" project
2. Open the "SampleScene.unity" scene
3. Press Play
Actual result: Unity crashes.
Reproducible with: 2019.3.0a9, 2019.2.0b9, 2019.1.10f1, 2018.4.4f1, 2018.3.14f1, 2018.3.0a1.
The crash happens on "string str = trans.name;" test.cs:21.
2 things are needed for the crash to happen:
The function must be called with SendMessage() method.
The function's parameter is used as a reference (C# 7.2 "in" keyword).
Fixed in 2019.3.0a12.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Unity overrides certain scripts even when they are named differently
- Custom Pass rendering offseted in build when modifying camera.rect
- Instanced meshes are not drawn at certain camera angles when Graphics.DrawMeshInstanced method is used
- Borders corners not properly rendered
- [WebGL] Texture is missing when Graphics.Blit() method is called for a second time in WebGL build