Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.3.X
Crash on Object_CUSTOM_GetName when trying to get Transform.name when passing transform by reference
How to reproduce:
1. Open the "name_repro.zip" project
2. Open the "SampleScene.unity" scene
3. Press Play
Actual result: Unity crashes.
Reproducible with: 2019.3.0a9, 2019.2.0b9, 2019.1.10f1, 2018.4.4f1, 2018.3.14f1, 2018.3.0a1.
The crash happens on "string str = trans.name;" test.cs:21.
2 things are needed for the crash to happen:
The function must be called with SendMessage() method.
The function's parameter is used as a reference (C# 7.2 "in" keyword).
Fixed in 2019.3.0a12.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Parallax mapping with UVs set other than UV0 plugged into sample texture 2d produces an error
- Objects with single letter name won't show up in hierarchy search results
- The GameObject is not transparent when setting CameraDepthTexture as a depth render target
- SRP Lens Flares with Occlusion enabled inconsistently shine through objects
- "Can not play a disabled audio source" is thrown when audio is toggled on with disabled Audio Source in the Scene
Resolution Note (fix version 2019.3):
'in' parameters are not supported for methods that are invokved with SendMessage. To work around this crash remove the 'in' parameter.