Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.2.X, 2021.1.X
Crash on MTLReportFailure.cold.2 + 43 when running Build with Graphics Jobs enabled
1. Download the Build "Case_1227236.zip" from the attached link
2. Run the script "rustcrashtest.sh" located in the build
3. Wait for the Build to load and let it run for a while
Reproducible with: 2019.3.3f1, 2019.3.5f1, 2019.4.7f1
Not reproducible with: 2019.2.21f1
First lines of the stack trace:
Thread 26 Crashed:: Metal Submission Thread
0 libsystem_kernel.dylib 0x00007fff6ddfe33a __pthread_kill + 10
1 libsystem_pthread.dylib 0x00007fff6debae60 pthread_kill + 430
2 libsystem_c.dylib 0x00007fff6dd85808 abort + 120
3 libsystem_c.dylib 0x00007fff6dd84ac6 __assert_rtn + 314
4 com.apple.Metal 0x00007fff3917f729 MTLReportFailure.cold.2 + 43
1. As only a Build was provided, we are unable to test the other streams if they are affected
2. Takes around 4-5min to crash after the game has fully loaded
3. The user mentioned themselves that the issue reproduces with Graphics Jobs enabled
4 The Unity log file does not contain a stack trace, only this error:
"-[MTLIOAccelCommandBuffer validate]:208: failed assertion `commit command buffer with uncommitted encoder'
5. In order to run the script, on macOS, open a Terminal window at the Build's folder, and run "sh rustcrashtest.sh"
6. After the crash, the log file will be located in the Build folder "output_log.txt"
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- deadlock in AssetDatabase_AcceleratorClient_Scheduling.ScheduledRequest_Status_InProgress
- Texture Compression settings on Android and WebGL Platforms are reset to default when building the project using a script
- Camera active Texture is not written if another camera has a Script using "OnRenderImage"
- The Camera's background color is white when the device Appearance is "Light Mode"
- Some GameObjects ignore the Default Parent when creating them in the Hierarchy