Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2019.1
Editor crashes with OpenRL code 501 and 502 errors when configuring avatar
How to reproduce:
1. Open the "Testninja_wip.zip" project
2. Open the "samplescene_ninja" scene
3. Select "NinjaCharacter4.fbx" in the Project
4. Drag "NinjaCharacter4.fbx" to the Scene view
5. In the Inspector mark "NinjaCharacter4.fbx" as static
6. Select "NinjaCharacter4.fbx" in the Project
7. In the Inspector open the Rig tab
8. Press "Configure" under avatar definition
9. If Unity didn't crash, press "Done" and repeat steps 5-8.
Actual result: Unity crashes. (gif attached)
Reproducible with: 2018.3.0a2, 2018.2.0b9, 2018.2.0a1.
Regression introduced in: 2018.2.0a1.
Not reproducible with: 2018.1.6f1, 2017.4.6f1.
It looks like when trying to configure humanoid avatar while lightning is being baked causes this crash.
In 2018.1, sometimes errors appears:
- Assertion failed: Assertion failed on expression: 'm_NumInstanceTransforms == m_NumInstanceLODGroups'
- Assertion failed: Assertion failed on expression: 'm_NumInstanceTransforms == m_NumInstanceLODMasks'
- Assertion failed on expression: 'm_NumInstanceTransforms == m_Instances.size()' (May be irrelevant)
- The crash happened after 10-20 times reloading the scene by entering and exiting avatar configuration during 'Preparing Bake...' stage.
- Following errors are shown during the crash:
OpenRL reported error code 502: OpenRL error occured
in function rlMapBuffer: RL_INVALID_OPERATION: No buffer bound to specified target
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Editor/Src/GI/Progressive/PVRContextManager.cpp Line: 87)
OpenRL reported error code 502: OpenRL error occured in function rlMapBuffer: RL_INVALID_OPERATION: No buffer bound to specified target
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [GraphView] Nodes are displayed white on Linux
- [Interactions] Some Interactions don't have the correct startTime, time and duration in callbackContext.
- [Interactions] InputAction.CallbackContext.interaction does not hold the correct value, when it is set to Default.
- [Editor] When Preference window is open, exiting Playmode generates NullReferenceException.
- [Addressables] Models have deformations when they are imported from AssetBundle and Play Mode Script is set to Packed Play mode