Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.1
Fixed in 2018.2, 2018.3
Editor crashes with OpenRL code 501 and 502 errors when configuring avatar
How to reproduce:
1. Open the "Testninja_wip.zip" project
2. Open the "samplescene_ninja" scene
3. Select "NinjaCharacter4.fbx" in the Project
4. Drag "NinjaCharacter4.fbx" to the Scene view
5. In the Inspector mark "NinjaCharacter4.fbx" as static
6. Select "NinjaCharacter4.fbx" in the Project
7. In the Inspector open the Rig tab
8. Press "Configure" under avatar definition
9. If Unity didn't crash, press "Done" and repeat steps 5-8.
Actual result: Unity crashes. (gif attached)
Reproducible with: 2018.3.0a2, 2018.2.0b9, 2018.2.0a1.
Regression introduced in: 2018.2.0a1.
Not reproducible with: 2018.1.6f1, 2017.4.6f1.
It looks like when trying to configure humanoid avatar while lightning is being baked causes this crash.
In 2018.1, sometimes errors appears:
- Assertion failed: Assertion failed on expression: 'm_NumInstanceTransforms == m_NumInstanceLODGroups'
- Assertion failed: Assertion failed on expression: 'm_NumInstanceTransforms == m_NumInstanceLODMasks'
- Assertion failed on expression: 'm_NumInstanceTransforms == m_Instances.size()' (May be irrelevant)
- The crash happened after 10-20 times reloading the scene by entering and exiting avatar configuration during 'Preparing Bake...' stage.
- Following errors are shown during the crash:
OpenRL reported error code 502: OpenRL error occured
in function rlMapBuffer: RL_INVALID_OPERATION: No buffer bound to specified target
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Editor/Src/GI/Progressive/PVRContextManager.cpp Line: 87)
OpenRL reported error code 502: OpenRL error occured in function rlMapBuffer: RL_INVALID_OPERATION: No buffer bound to specified target
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Changes to instanced detail mesh material don't immediately apply
- Undo.RegisterObject or Undo.CreateObject dirties the scene, but no actual changes to Scene are made
- [Profiler] Scrubbing through filtered frames or sorting their data replaces the displayed data with duplicated data entries
- [UI Builder] It is possible to add content to parent document while editing child document in place
- EndChangeCheck is not triggered when clearing the IMGUI search field by pressing the "x" button