Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2019.1
Editor crashes with OpenRL code 501 and 502 errors when configuring avatar
How to reproduce:
1. Open the "Testninja_wip.zip" project
2. Open the "samplescene_ninja" scene
3. Select "NinjaCharacter4.fbx" in the Project
4. Drag "NinjaCharacter4.fbx" to the Scene view
5. In the Inspector mark "NinjaCharacter4.fbx" as static
6. Select "NinjaCharacter4.fbx" in the Project
7. In the Inspector open the Rig tab
8. Press "Configure" under avatar definition
9. If Unity didn't crash, press "Done" and repeat steps 5-8.
Actual result: Unity crashes. (gif attached)
Reproducible with: 2018.3.0a2, 2018.2.0b9, 2018.2.0a1.
Regression introduced in: 2018.2.0a1.
Not reproducible with: 2018.1.6f1, 2017.4.6f1.
It looks like when trying to configure humanoid avatar while lightning is being baked causes this crash.
In 2018.1, sometimes errors appears:
- Assertion failed: Assertion failed on expression: 'm_NumInstanceTransforms == m_NumInstanceLODGroups'
- Assertion failed: Assertion failed on expression: 'm_NumInstanceTransforms == m_NumInstanceLODMasks'
- Assertion failed on expression: 'm_NumInstanceTransforms == m_Instances.size()' (May be irrelevant)
- The crash happened after 10-20 times reloading the scene by entering and exiting avatar configuration during 'Preparing Bake...' stage.
- Following errors are shown during the crash:
OpenRL reported error code 502: OpenRL error occured
in function rlMapBuffer: RL_INVALID_OPERATION: No buffer bound to specified target
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Editor/Src/GI/Progressive/PVRContextManager.cpp Line: 87)
OpenRL reported error code 502: OpenRL error occured in function rlMapBuffer: RL_INVALID_OPERATION: No buffer bound to specified target
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [OSX][Settings] When using only the new ISX as Input Handling, mouse position and scroll are still detected by the old system.
- [Scripting] Input Action fails to re-enable after disabled.
- [MacOS] "Bloom" does not work in Standalone Build
- Mesh.CombineMeshes result has different normals if the original mesh has tweaked normals and scale
- [Hub] In licence error screen https://unity3d.com/unity/err/license redirects to not found website