Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.3.16f1, 2022.2.0b15, 2023.1.0a13
Crash on EvaluateSlow when running particle system
How to reproduce:
# Open the user attached project
# Add the CRASH prefab to Hierarchy
# In Hierarchy select Canvas -> Button
# In the Inspector's Button Component, drag the child GameObject in the CRASH prefab into the OnClick event in the Button.
# Set the Button Function to test > Test (int)
# Enter Play Mode
# Click the Button
# The editor crashes
Reproducible with: 2020.3.36f1, 2021.3.6f1, 2022.1.8f1, 2022.2.0a19, 2023.1.0a2
Note: If the Button is not visible change the Aspect Ratio
Reproduced on: Windows 10 (Intel)
First lines of stack trace:
0x00007ff68ba294c2 (Unity) EvaluateSlow
0x00007ff68cb99e6d (Unity) UpdateOrbitalAndRadialTpl<4,0,0>
0x00007ff68cbab493 (Unity) VelocityModule::Update
0x00007ff68ba3b0d0 (Unity) ParticleSystem::UpdateModulesPreSimulationIncremental
0x00007ff68ba355c5 (Unity) ParticleSystem::StartModules
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- The Weight Field in the LimbSolver2D Component for 2D IK Can’t Be Animated or Smoothly Transitioned
- Selected “Landscape Left” orientation of the “ScreenOrientation” dropdown in the Inspector window gets deselected when deselecting and selecting GameObject that contains a “ScreenOrientation” dropdown
- Shader Graph and the Visual Effects Graph scroll unreasonably fast on OSX
- [Android 4.4] Player crashes at splash screen when building with Frame Timing Stats enabled in the Player Settings
- VisualElement’s auto width is incorrect when the element’s parent has a set width
Resolution Note (fix version 2023.1.0a13):
The fix is to display an error and not crash.
The setup is invalid - we don't support the XYZ curves using different modes (ie they must all be curves, or all floats, not a mixture)
We handle this for all other modules that use XYZ curves, but had missed some error handling here.
So you should update your code to use the same mode for all 3 orbital velocity curves.