Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.2.X
Crash in LightProbesManager::GetLightProbesJobDataFromStaged after exiting Play mode with additive scenes baked in auto-mode
Steps to repro:
1. Open the attached project and "SimpleOutdoorsA" scene;
2. Drag and drop scene "additive" from the Project view to Hierarchy;
3. In the Lighting window (Window>Rendering>Lighting) enable Auto Generate checkbox;
4. Wait until scene's lighting is baked;
5. Once the scene's lighting is baked, enter Play mode;
6. Exit Play mode.
Editor crashes. See attached video.
The following stacktrace is shown:
Obtained 18 stack frames
0x00007ff717e2a952 (Unity) LightProbesManager::GetLightProbesJobDataFromStaged
0x00007ff717e3256e (Unity) UpdateRenderData
0x00007ff717dd60be (Unity) SceneLoadedAfterAwake
0x00007ff717fdc202 (Unity) CallbackArray3<int const ,AwakeFromLoadQueue & __ptr64,enum SceneLoadingMode>::Invoke
0x00007ff717fdad75 (Unity) LoadSceneOperation::CompleteAwakeSequence
0x00007ff717fdd77e (Unity) LoadSceneOperation::PostLoadSceneAdditive
0x00007ff717fdba17 (Unity) LoadSceneOperation::IntegrateMainThread
0x00007ff717fdf14e (Unity) PreloadManager::UpdatePreloadingSingleStep
0x00007ff717fdf85f (Unity) PreloadManager::WaitForAllAsyncOperationsToComplete
0x00007ff7191dcc64 (Unity) EditorSceneManager::RestoreSceneBackups
0x00007ff718edabd1 (Unity) PlayerLoopController::ExitPlayMode
0x00007ff718eea510 (Unity) PlayerLoopController::SetIsPlaying
0x00007ff718eedbbe (Unity) Application::TickTimer
0x00007ff71935109a (Unity) MainMessageLoop
0x00007ff719355e2e (Unity) WinMain
0x00007ff71a6eb19e (Unity) __scrt_common_main_seh
0x00007ffdc53b7034 (KERNEL32) BaseThreadInitThunk
0x00007ffdc62a2651 (ntdll) RtlUserThreadStart
Editor doesn't crash after exiting Play mode.
Regression introduced in Version 2022.2.
Workaround is to generate lighting manually without using auto-mode.
- After further reopening of the repro project following the crash, a memory allocator error is shown, preventing an Editor launch;
- Reproducible in Version 2022.2.0a14;
- Not reproducible in Version 2022.1.1f1, 2021.3.3f1;
- Reproducible on Windows;
- Reproducible with either GPU PLM or Enlighten set as the baking backend;
- The issue is specific to the project.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- AudioManager.Update takes up significantly more CPU time when a big number of Audio Sources are stopped at one time
- [Linux] Editor doesn't build a project when "Install into source code 'build' folder" is enabled after switching projects
- [OpenXR][Vulkan][URP] MSAA does not work on Quest 1/2 builds when using URP + OpenXR + Vulkan
- UI Builder lacks visual feedback on reordering elements when Unity Editor is set to Light Theme
- Crash on core::StringStorageDefault<char>::assign when opening a project