Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1.X
Duplicate in 2020.3.X, 2021.3.X
[CPU PLM] Enabling indirect denoising and gaussian AO filter causes bright halos with HDR lightmaps
Steps to reproduce:
1. Download and import the attached repro project
2. Open the Scene "SampleScene.unity"
3. In the lighting window, ensure that Filtering is set to "Advanced"
4. Ensure Indirect Denoiser is enabled and set to any option (Optix, Radeon, Open Image)
5. Ensure that there is guassian filtering enabled for Ambient Occlusion
6. Generate Lighting
- Note that the lightmapped result will display bright halos around intersecting, lightmapped geometry. This can be confirmed using the "baked lightmap" scene view
- There should no be bright halos around objects or underneath where dilation is present.
- This appears to be related to some interaction between denoising of indirect and guassian filtering when ambient occlusion is composited. The issue is reproducible using any denoiser, but only when guassian is used for filtering. The issue also does not reproduce when using GPULM. The issue reproduces in HDRP, URP and BiRP.
- Only reproduces with HDR light intensities.
- Reproduces in: 2020.1.0a12, 2020.1.0a24, 2020.1.0b7, 2020.1.1f1, 2020.1.9f1
- Does not reproduce in: 2019.1.14f1, 2019.2.21f1, 2019.3.16f1, 2019.4.12f1, 2020.1.0a3, 2020.1.0a9, 2020.1.0a11
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [iOS] The safe area value changes when reopening the app in Landscape orientation
- Light flickering when using Forward+ on Mobile
- Prefab's scripts are constantly reloaded when trying to enter multiple digits or characters into public fields on custom scripts consecutively
- Crash on mono_g_hash_table_find_slot when entering Play Mode
- [iOS] Crash when pressing "Done" on the keyboard layout