Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1
"Could not load file or assembly" error when assembly dependency is in another folder
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project
2. Reimport the System.IO.Pipelines.dll file.
Actual result: Errors are thrown.
Expected result: No errors are thrown.
Reproducible with: 2020.1.0a13, 2019.3.0b11, 2019.2.13f1, 2018.4.13f1, 2018.2.21f1, 2018.1.9f1, 2018.1.0a5.
Regression introduced in: 2018.1.0a5.
Not reproducible with: 2017.4.34f1, 2018.1.0a1, 2018.1.0a4.
- The errors are caused because System.IO.Pipelines has references to Libs/System.Buffers and they are in a separate folders.
- The errors:
Error: Could not load signature of System.IO.Pipelines.PipeCompletionCallbacks:.ctor due to: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Buffers,
Version=22.214.171.124, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=cc7b13ffcd2ddd51' or one of its dependencies. assembly:System.Buffers, Version=126.96.36.199,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=cc7b13ffcd2ddd51 type:<unknown type> member:(null) signature:<none>
Unloading broken assembly Assets/System.IO.Pipelines.dll, this assembly can cause crashes in the runtime
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Nodes in the Vertex block are deleted when the edge connected to the Node is deleted
- Changes to instanced detail mesh material don't immediately apply
- [uGUI] Vertices retrieved from GetUIVertexStream method cannot be modified when adjusting them through script
- Scroll bar scrolls less in the Package Manager packages than elsewhere when pressing on the empty scroll bar area to scroll
- Undo.RegisterCreatedObjectUndo dirties the scene, but no actual changes to Scene are made