Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1.X
"Could not load file or assembly" error when assembly dependency is in another folder
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project
2. Reimport the System.IO.Pipelines.dll file.
Actual result: Errors are thrown.
Expected result: No errors are thrown.
Reproducible with: 2020.1.0a13, 2019.3.0b11, 2019.2.13f1, 2018.4.13f1, 2018.2.21f1, 2018.1.9f1, 2018.1.0a5.
Regression introduced in: 2018.1.0a5.
Not reproducible with: 2017.4.34f1, 2018.1.0a1, 2018.1.0a4.
- The errors are caused because System.IO.Pipelines has references to Libs/System.Buffers and they are in a separate folders.
- The errors:
Error: Could not load signature of System.IO.Pipelines.PipeCompletionCallbacks:.ctor due to: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Buffers,
Version=22.214.171.124, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=cc7b13ffcd2ddd51' or one of its dependencies. assembly:System.Buffers, Version=126.96.36.199,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=cc7b13ffcd2ddd51 type:<unknown type> member:(null) signature:<none>
Unloading broken assembly Assets/System.IO.Pipelines.dll, this assembly can cause crashes in the runtime
Nov 04, 2020 16:35
There seem to be working on this according to this thread (See Harold Nielsen comment 9/4/20)
Oct 07, 2020 21:17
Still seems to be an issue, a fix for this would be huge for our team.
Oct 07, 2020 21:06
This is not fixed in 2020.1.8f1
Feb 21, 2020 06:45
Any new information? The issue is marked as fixed in 2020.1. I have tested on 2020.1.0a23 and this still seems to be an issue.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Sprite Preview is broken when the Sprite is too tall or too wide
- Objects are invisible in Scene view when using Wireframe Shading Mode
- The property of a component becomes read-only when it is bound to "PropertyStreamHandle"
- Physics.Raycast does not work when used on the whole model
- Shader Graph changes the Position of Prefab instances in Play mode
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.1):
The issue is the references to System.Buffers.dll
References in a DLL that is strong named needs to exact match. In this case System.IO.Pipelines.dll references System.Buffers.dll(Version 188.8.131.52), where the System.Buffers.dll version in the project is 184.108.40.206.
That it works when in the same folder seem like a bug in Mono that we will investigate.
We will add better information about this so its clear what version we expect