Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.3
Correct serialization type flag will not be resent to Perforce if binary asset is added to text asset via AddObjectToAsset
How to reproduce:
1. Open attached project ("CreateAssetsAndTestImport.zip")
2. Click Game Object/Create Main Asset (Text)
3. Check out the project in Perforce - you should see the file added with its type set to text
4. Click Game Object/Create Sub-asset (binary)
5. Check out the project in Perforce - you will see that the file type has not changed.
Expected result: Perforce gets notified by Unity to change the file type to binary since the asset contains data that cannot be text-serialized.
Actual result: Perforce is not notified to change the file type.
Reproduced in: 2019.2.0a10, 2019.1.0b10, 2018.3.12f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Double-clicking a script in the Inspector window does not open the External Script Editor
- [Android] ASTC HDR check may cause issues with RenderDoc
- [CPULM] Enabling indirect denoising and gaussian AO filter causes bright halos
- [Android]APK fails to be registered when building using Keystore with the build
- Fix doc and typo in Scene TemplatePipeline