Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.2.X
Duplicate in 2020.3.X, 2021.2.X, 2021.3.X, 2022.1.X
Consistent EditorLoop 5-10ms spikes when using Metal API
1. Create a new project
2. Make sure you are using "Metal" Graphics API (Player Settings > Other Settings > Auto Graphics API for Mac)
3. Open profiler and enter Play Mode
Expected result: No EditorLoop spikes are seen in the profiler
Actual result: Consistent EditorLoop 5-10ms spikes are seen in the profiler
Reproducible with: 2020.3.24f1, 2021.2.5f1, 2022.1.0a13, 2022.1.0b1
Not reproducible with: 2021.1.28f1, 2022.1.0a12
Could not test with: 2019.4.33f1 (Editor not responding)
-Not reproducible with OpenGLCore
Jun 09, 2022 00:05
I tried using Unity 2021 on an Intel mac and this issue locks up the entire OS.
A fix can't come soon enough, only Unity 2019 is safe for Intel Mac users right now.
Jun 02, 2022 11:27
May 24, 2022 05:10
This is a serious issue for me in 2020.3.x
It's not just the editor, mac builds suffer too.
May 23, 2022 08:58
Please make a fix for 2021.3.+++
May 12, 2022 12:11
Unity Editor is next to unusable. I am forced to do builds every now and then just to check if performance is sufficient. Metal users are 3rd class citizens I guess. This issue exists since 1,5 years. No professionally to be found here.
Apr 12, 2022 13:03
2021.3.0 - Still pending --- I'm sure we can go until 2028.3.492
Apr 04, 2022 16:06
Can you post a link to the duplicate bug?
Mar 30, 2022 14:20
Is this somehow still related to this? https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/issues/mac-performance-regression-in-editor-ui?page=1#comments
I updated to 2021.2.17f1 from 2021.1.28f1 and the performance regression is appalling. Drag and dropping can take seconds to trigger or even stay there waiting for ever for a next UI input event to finalize it.
Got it on video
Mar 18, 2022 10:47
This doesn't seem to be ever fixed. Unity support plays three monkeys when asked.
Mar 15, 2022 13:33
2021.2.15 and still no fix ? Not even a single comment on the issue and no ETA. Seriously ?
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Long Prefab save times when using Unity 2022.2 and higher
- Console displays error "UnityException: Creating asset at path Assets/Scenes/ .scenetemplate failed." during scene template saving
- "Development Build" watermark is shown in non-development UWP release builds
- Console errors appear when the Inspector is set to Debug and a GameObject is selected
- A script public variable value is not used when set in the Inspector window
Resolution Note (fix version 2022.2):
Fixed in: 2022.2.0a15
Resolution Note (2020.3.X):
Transferred to Jira (https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/product/unity/issues/guid/UUM-4697)