Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2017.2.X
Child script gets disabled if parent gameObject adds Rect Transform component through script
1. Open attached Unity project "CoroutineTest.zip"
2. Open "Test" scene
3. Go into Play Mode
Expected result: "CoroutineTest" script should output a message to console every 0.2 seconds indefinitely.
Actual result: a message is comes up in the console once and then the script gets disabled.
Regression first introduced in: 5.6.0b8
Not reproduced: 5.5.3p3, 5.6.0a1, 5.6.0b1, 5.6.0b6, 5.6.0b7
Reproduced: 5.6.0b8, 5.6.0f1, 5.6.1p1, 2017.1.0b5
Note: Cannot test on 5.4 because of "GameObject has multiple Transform components! Merged into single one" error.
Note: The bug does not reproduce if Rect Transform component is added manually.
Note: Attached "Expected" and "Actual" gifs.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Dropdown menu covers the button when there is no space for it from below
- WebCamDevice only returns one rear-facing camera when built on Android
- Reimporting a Scripted Importer Asset when Profiler is recording will make it null
- Created Import Issue Asset doesn't show up in the Project window until the Unity Editor is restarted
- [Android] Application name with an ampersand is removed and replaced with an underscore in 2021 LTS and up